Woodpecker

Woodpecker
This little woodpecker lives in our tree that sits in our front yard. He can sure make a racket sometimes, but isn't he cute?

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Woodpecker

What a great photo. We used to have a woodpecker in our maple trees but he's gone now and I miss him. (08/01/2007)

By Jantoo

Woodpecker

Bird photography is not easy, good shot! (08/01/2007)

By kimhis

Woodpecker

Cute little bugger, I know how noisy they can get. I heard once one morning and there was no sleeping in.(08/01/2007)

By meoowmom

Woodpecker

You must have shot this when he was pecking loudly? Because the multiple woodpeckers I had nesting in my back yard were "elusive", hard to ever get a long look at. If I got close, they scooted to the backside of the tree branch or ducked quickly back into their nest in an old decaying tree. They returned the next year but we had already cut the old tree down. Funny thing was they went to our chimney cover and began pecking out what sounded like a long drum roll because it is METAL! They must have been heard in all the neighborhood! The woodpecker's "pecking mechanism" is ONE way to EVOLUTIONISTS HIT A BIG SNAG, according to scientific research because they canNOT connect it to ANY other creation. It's sort of like the missing toe on the Sloth they cannot connect either. The two of these are the "most-missing links".) Our birds finally gave up and never returned, thank God! God bless you and those lovely birds of His. : )) (08/02/2007)

By Lynda

Woodpecker on swing birdfeeder.
Wildlife: Woodpecker
🎉
🎄