DecorationsHome Decor

Wrapping a Vase with Jute String

I want to wind jute string round a glass vase. Do I put glue on the vase first?

Best Answer

Put the glue on the base first. Glue the end of the jute securely from the bottom up, adding glue as you go.

Best Answer

This is interesting as it seems no two people work this the same way. Some start at the top while others prefer beginning at the bottom.

Also, the glue of choice is different in each case. Some use Mod Podge while others use regular glue but it seems most prefer the glue gun. The instructions on YouTube are very good.

https://www.you … ch?v=ILXJWRK45w0

https://www.you … ch?v=ZJmH36XVN7A

http://iloveeco … rapped-jars-diy/

Best Answer

I found a hot glue gun works best. I wrap jute around glass jars and bamboo. The glue takes too long to dry. A hot glue gun works the best. You can place the cord at the bottom or the top and add a dab of hot glue. Make one or two turns of the jute around the vase and add more hot glue. This is a quick and easy way to do your project.

Best Answer

Depends on your preference. I like to dab glue then wrap strung and dap some more throughout. I start from the top down actually because if there are ugly flaws i want it hidden at the bottom versus the top.

I always put it on the base because sometimes I twist the strings the wrong way and the glue becomes useless ;)

i think that everyone agrees that you must put the glue on the item and then add your jute or whatever you are using, I just think that it is interesting that some recommend starting at the top while others say to start at the bottom.

I have never done this but it seems to me that it where you start your glue/jute might depend on the item your are working on. Maybe some sizes/shapes work better starting at different ends because you do have to hold the item to wrap it. A little experimenting will probably tell you which is best for you and the vase you are doing now.