Wreath Making

I want to make my own wreath this year. I looking for original ideas with materials I can find. Does anyone have any good wreath making ideas or sites for wreath making?

Shawn - Santa Rosa, CA

Theme Ribbon 12/05/2000
When we make our own we first look for a "theme" ribbon to use on the wreath and go from there. Found one with gingerbread men all over it and made salt dough cookies to decorate the wreath. Last year I found a cute snowman ribbon and used different snowman ornaments and lightly sprayed the wreath with "snow" after adding mini lights and before adding the ribbon and ornaments. Good luck! (oh, I also usually plan ahead and buy the items for next year's wreath the day after Christmas at the sales to save even more.)

Ideas 02/25/2001
If you can, find a few people who are getting new trees "this year" and take their old trees.

Get the clipper, snipper or trimmer that will take the thing apart in the biggest chunks available, and affix the parts onto a wreath ring.

I heard of a woman who made a giant wreath to put on her barn, she used all artificial throw-away christmas trees.

The only thing she bought was the "giant" ribbon. Her husband welded her a wreath ring of the appropriate size. I think it was 7 ft across.

By raptorrunner
Board Frame 07/03/2005
Try making a wreath from river stones and sea shells. This is a very unique wreath that be used any where for an outdoor beach feel to any room or cottage.

Using the board wreath frame makes it easier to complete and it looks amazing when using a bit of natural supplies from around the forest or ocean.

By Jamie Gatt (Guest Post)
Iron-on Backing 09/05/2005
I use a combination of iron-on backing and fabric finish on different fabric cut-outs to add a really unique look to the wreaths i do.
By linda (Guest Post)

Christmas Wreath
Making a Christmas Wreath
Candy Corn Wreath
Making a Candy Corn Wreath
wreath on kitchen wall
Making a Tea Bag Wreath
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath