Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress

Can anyone tell me how I can safely and effectively get the wrinkles out of this myself? It's satin peau (I think I spelled that correctly). Also, some of the petals on the flowers are bent, I need to straighten these. My wedding is in just a couple weeks. The gown is too long to hang in the shower, would an iron ruin it?

Shelley from CO

Answers:

Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress

My dress was wrinkled pretty badly too. I had a travel size steamer, didn't do me any good whatsoever. I ended up ironing it. Just use a low setting and put a thin towel between the iron and the dress. It should be completely fine. If you're not sure, contact a professional seamstress first. (05/11/2006)

By Shannon

Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress

Try ironing on a low setting. If that doesn't work, a dry cleaner or tailor can do a "press only", without cleaning it. (05/11/2006)

Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress

I heard it is bad to use a hand held steamer, that they drip on the dress, thus making water stains. (05/11/2006)

By Glinda

Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress

Most people don't know this, but satin is a weave not a fabric. You can have a silk satin, which is pure silk fiber in a satin weave. This is what most people call "silk". What is referred to as "satin" is actually polyester in a satin weave! Most irons have a polyester setting.

I design bridal gowns for a living and often iron gowns. I have even ironed silk though I wouldn't recommend it. For satin, use a lower setting and take your time. I recommend ironing the dress inside out so that if you do mess up it's inside the dress. If the dress has a fair amount of shine to it and you don't want to chance losing the shine, either iron inside out or place a towel on the dress and iron through the towel. (06/13/2007)

By Crystal

Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress

My dress had a silk organza overlay that wrinkled terribly. We had good success using a steamer filled with purified water. (06/06/2008)

By sigma28

Wrinkles on My Wedding Dress
selecting a wedding dress
Selecting a Wedding Dress
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Buying a Wedding Dress Online
Window Sheers
Removing Wrinkles from Sheers
🎉
🎄