Yarn Pom Poms

Here's a really cute yarn pom-pom idea. My mother-in-law taught this to me so I wouldn't have to buy one of those pom pom makers from the store. (even though they are cheap!)

Materials

• Yarn (as many colors as you want)
  • scissors
  • Thin cardboard (such as a box from a 12 pack of soda)

That's all!

Instructions

Cut out two cardboard rings about the diameter you wish the pom-pom to be. Mark and cut out a smaller circle in the center of each piece of cardboard to thread your yarn through.

Hold the two pieces of cardboard together and wind the yarn around and around the ring until the cardboard is covered.

Tip: If you're using a multi-colored yarn, it may be hard to tell the difference between the top layer and bottom. I usually cut out another cardboard ring and place it in between, so I know when I'm finished with that second layer.

With a pair of sharp scissors, cut between the layers of cardboard through all the yarn around the outside edge until the circle is separated.

Thread a piece of yarn between the two rings and tie it into a tight knot to secure the center of the pom-pom. Leave enough yarn to attach your pom-pom to whatever it is you're putting it on.

Now, slip that cardboard off and your pom-pom is finished!

Tip: If you want your pom-pom to be more poofy, try taking a hair brush and fluffing it out a bit.

By Elsee from Lakeside, OR

Answers:

Yarn Pom Poms

Hi Elsie, I see just had a look at a pom pom rug someone posted on this fab site. I asked how you make pom poms in a feedback then came across your instructions. Many thanks, I will now have a go when I get some wool. (08/31/2009)

By irisheyes

yellow pom pom
Making Yarn Pom Poms
Pom Pom Rug
Making a Pom Pom Rug
Pom Pom Pumpkins
Making Pom Pom Pumpkins
Pom Pom Caterpillar
Making a Pom Pom Caterpillar
Pom Pom Activities for Toddlers
Pom Pom Activities for Toddlers
🎉
🎄