Yeast Infection on a Dog's Paw

There is a yeast infection between my dog's toes. How do I cure it and prevent it in the future? The antibiotics are not helping.

By Stan from Dallas, TX

Answers:

Yeast Infection on a Dog's Paw

For yeast infections try a solution of vinegar and water, clean the area several times a day with this solution. If the dog licks the area vinegar will not harm him. Try to keep the area as dry as possible. Yeast needs moisture to grow, it grows in an alkaline condition, reason why vinegar (which is acid) just might do the trick. Plain old vinegar is useful for so many things. (08/25/2010)

By arizonamafia

Yeast Infection on a Dog's Paw

If he were my doggie, I'd put plain yogurt on his paws, and feed him about 4 ounces of plain yogurt every day until it clears up. It's the most simple remedy I know for yeast infections in our pets.
Good luck. (08/25/2010)

By PookaRina

Yeast Infection on a Dog's Paw

Please nobody follow jilson's advice! Those topical creams for women's yeast infections are just that, topical! They are not intended to be ingested, and your dog will lick it's paws. The only suggestions I saw on here that were logical were the yogurt and the vinegar. One of my dogs also has a yeast infection on one of her paws. I will be trying first the yogurt, then if that doesn't work I'll try the vinegar. But using the topical creams could make her very sick. Can you imagine ingesting the cream yourself? (08/26/2010)

By Cricketnc

Yeast Infection on a Dog's Paw

Antibiotics will kill bacteria, not yeast. The best yeast defense is plain yogurt and it will not harm your dog if licked off. Plain yogurt is so amazing at curing yeast infections, but most people think they need to pay for something special! (08/26/2010)

By Beth

Dog's Yeast Infection
Treating a Dog's Yeast Infection
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Yeast
Storing Yeast
Yeast for Baking
Buying and Using Yeast for Baking
No-Knead Yeast Bread
No-Knead Yeast Bread Recipes
🎉
🎄