Yellow Cake Recipe

Does anyone have a slightly easy recipe for yellow cake? None of my cookbooks have it, and I am running out of patience with brand name cooking websites. I think they want me to buy cake mix instead. It is for my son's first birthday. Actually, I was thinking of marble cake. I want to make him a duck shaped cake, so I would like the yellow cake for the white frosting.

Kelly from Willamina, OR

Yellow Cake Recipe

BUTTER CAKE.....old family recipe

• 8 oz butter or margarine
  • 1 good cup (8 oz) castor sugar
  • 4 eggs (only 3 if they are very large)
  • 3 cups (12 oz) self-raising flour
  • 3/4 cup of milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Time: 45 minutes-1 hour at 350-375 degrees F

Line and butter a deep 8-inch cake tin and set oven temperature at moderate. Cream butter and sugar until light, white, and fluffy. Add beaten eggs, beating well after each addition (if it starts separating just add a spoonful of the flour and then continue with the next egg). Sift the flour and fold in gently, alternately with the milk. Lastly add vanilla essence. Place mixture into the prepared cake tin, smooth over the top and bake for approximately 1 hour or until cooked. The cake should shrink from the sides of the tin when cooked. Cool on a wire rack before icing. Absolutely yummy and sure beats those packet mixes. Enjoy.

Cheers from Katie in OZ (02/01/2006)

By Coona

Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Vanilla cake with filling and vanilla frosting.
Vanilla Cake Recipes
Iced bundt cake.
7Up Cake Recipes