Yellow Dust In My House

I have yellow dust throughout my whole house. It even turns my carpets yellow. If you spray the carpet with water it makes it white. But it is not just on the suface of the carpets. It took me 13 hours to scrub 2 rugs untill the yellow was all gone. No one wears shoes in my house, so it is not from outside. The dust is on everything. My heating vents have been cleaned twice in the past 5 years. I want to know what it is and what causes it?

SHERRYLYNN from HAMBURG, NY

Answers:

Yellow Dust In My House

Do you have alot of house plants? or have alot of nature outside your door? Flowering trees? anything like that? I suspect that you may have pollen invading your house, it's the right time of year, and some plants produce more then others. Close your windows, trim away any plants from your heating/cooling unit. We have that yellow dust all over our trucks outside, it will get better. Just check for the sources and ask your neighbors if they are having a similar problem. Good luck (03/17/2007)

By Designersheets

Yellow Dust In My House

Everything in my area as well as my house is currently covered with yellow "dust" but it is actually pollen. It will pass in a few weeks. but in the mean time spray off the car, keep your windows closed and clean your air filters. (03/19/2007)

By strawboss

Yellow Dust In My House

Yes! I get pollen all over my car in the spring too! I hate it! It is such a bummer it got into your house! what an awful mess! (03/19/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Yellow Dust In My House

The yellow color makes me think its pollen. (03/19/2007)

By Allison

Yellow Dust In My House

Do you leave your windows open when the weather is nice? if so it's probably pollen or dust from outside. i had that problem with black soot when i lived in Tonawanda, NY near an oil refinery plant. you will probably have to have the carpets steam cleaned. i would first try using the ones you can rent at local grocery stores. if you can afford it, it would be better to have a professional do the job, but make sure it's a heated water application and extraction method from a truck mounted machine. (03/19/2007)

By Debbie from SC USA

Yellow Dust In My House

Do you have a lot of evergreen trees around? They produce yellow pollen. (03/20/2007)

By Lynn Beth

Yellow Dust In My House

Sounds like pollen (03/20/2007)

By marie

yellow dust
Yellow Dust In My House (Update)
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
🎄