Yellow Stains on My Vinyl Floor

I need some help. We moved into a new home a few months back and have yellow stains on the vinyl floor in the bathroom. The stains are under where the rugs lie. Please suggest something that will remove the stain.

Thanks.

Neela from Milwaukee

Answers:

Yellow Stains on My Vinyl Floor

I have been told by the flooring manufacturers (and Heloise too) that this is a chemical reaction that cannot be reversed. (08/23/2004)

By Pat

Yellow Stains on My Vinyl Floor

This may work. It did for me; although it may depend on how long the stain has been there. I have wet the area and then put baking soda on the area and let it dry, then I washed it up. It may take a couple of applications. I use the baking soda every time I wash a floor and did that under the rugs all the time. It pulled up an orange tan color. It won't hurt to try. (08/23/2004)

By sshep

Yellow Stains on My Vinyl Floor

Strange, if this is a chemical reaction that cannot be reversed, then why do they make the rugs which cause this reaction in the first place? Isn't there another type of backing for bath rugs which won't cause this stain? (07/19/2005)

By Tom

Yellow Stains on My Vinyl Floor

linoleum is made from raw materials and oxidation of the linseed oil in the flooring will result in yellow stains in areas not exposed to light. i.e. under rugs. Once the mat is removed and the flooring exposed to sunlight; the yellow will disappear. (09/28/2005)

By Narilyn

I have yellow stains and sticky residue from a rug on my cheap builder grade vinyl flooring. While at a plumbing company with a relative, I'd asked how to clean my fiberglass shower bottom. Recommendation was Comet spray with bleach. Haven't tried that yet, but I found that spray at the dollar store yesterday. Just tried it on my stubborn floor stains. Took the gunk up after foaming and leaving it for 5 to 10 minutes. I also used a Scrub Daddy sponge and a scraper (from QVC and Bed Bath & Beyond - they won't scratch). I have tried everything. It even took off a drop of paint that had randomly gotten on the floor. Yay