Yellow Yarrow Grew Too Tall

I have yellow Yarrow in my front yard. It has done well, but grew so high this summer that it fell over and didn't look nice at all! It is only in its 2nd year and I wondered if there is anything I can do to keep the height down, so it can hold itself up and look nice in my flower bed.

Hardiness Zone: 5b

Julie from Northeast, PA

Answers:

Yellow Yarrow Grew Too Tall

Hi Julie, I live in NE PA too. I also have that problem with my yellow Yarrow. I think its because the soil is too rich where I have it planted. Yarrow will grow in poor soil. So if you want it to be short, plant it where nutrients are depleted. I made the mistake of planting mine in amended soil. I should have left it as clay.

Warm regards from Wyoming, PA (09/19/2008)

By Carol in PA

Yellow Yarrow Grew Too Tall

Mine gets very tall too. When it starts to grow in the spring I put a tomato cage around it it works great. You might want to try this. (09/23/2008)

By Dianne

Yellow Yarrow Grew Too Tall
Yarrow
Growing Yarrow
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
🎄
🍂