Yellowed Linoleum Tiles

Does anyone know how to get rid of "yellow" wear stains out of linoleum tiles? My linoleum floors are still in good shape, but have yellowed over the years. Any suggestions?

Crystal from Arvada, CO

Yellowed Linoleum Tiles

I took a Mr. Clean magic eraser to my mother in laws 20 some year old floor, and with a little scrubbing, I got up a lot of the stains. they are cheap, about a dollar a piece. hope this helps (01/23/2007)

By Designersheets

Yellowed Linoleum Tiles

The yellowing is from dirt that is ground into the wax. We had the same thing when we moved in. We were able to bring the floor back to about 85% by scrubbing the floor w/ a 50% ammonia, 50% water mixture - using a serious green scrub. This actually strips the wax from the floor, taking the grime with it. THE KEY is that when you're done, you need to put a layer or two of wax back on. I just bought it from a local Ace Hardware and used a rag towel to slosh it back on. We put 3 coats on (dry well between each coat) and it is really a ton easier to keep clean now. Lots of work - but glad we did it. You could do it in sections if the whole thing is too much. (01/24/2007)

By CarlaJS

Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 21, 2016 at 4:15:34 AM on in 892 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.