Yellowed Linoleum Tiles

I've a 4 year old white linoleum floor in the kitchen. It's starting to show odd yellowing stains in various places. I'm hoping someone knows the trick to remove these. It's cleaned nearly everyday. Can't understand why these yellow marks are appearing.

Sandra B from Montvale, NJ

Answers:

Yellowed Linoleum Tiles

I had a white linoleum tile floor a few years ago. I was told when I bought it that white linoleum always yellows. I cleaned our floor with white vinegar and very hot water. In the 6 years we had the floor it never yellowed. Sorry I don't how to remove existing yellowing. Good luck. (08/14/2007)

By Carla J.

Yellowed Linoleum Tiles

A friend with a flooring store told me that florescent lighting will turn a vinyl floor yellow after several years. But how to fix it? I don't think you can. (08/16/2007)

By Lynn

Yellowed Linoleum Tiles

I have found two things that work good. One is the steam mop. I have used it The best is hard work but it works, at least for me. After I have mopped the floor I use the Tuft and Tidy floor wipes. I wipe by hand on my hands and knees and I was shocked at the yellow and tan colors that came up. It will last for several months before I have to do it again. I am using the steam mop now because it works good and is much easier to use. (01/06/2009)

By Joan P

Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Ceramic Floor Tile
Fixing Cracks in Ceramic Floor Tile
🎉
🎄