Young Pit Bull Puppy

My pit bull pup Rocky is 3 weeks old when I got him, I have been told by many people that he is too young and he is going to die. I have also been told that with proper training and socialization he will be just fine. What tips can you give me on this topic and what info can you tell me about what I should feed him since he is so young?

Thank You,
ATWKJB from PHILA

Answers:

Young Pit Bull Puppy

Call the vet right away and ask them about PARVO. That's what gets puppies that young. Keep the pup away from people until it is about 5 months- this way it will be stronger. If you can find the mom and let it nurse- thats the best for it. (01/04/2007)

By Melissa

Young Pit Bull Puppy

DEFINITELY contact a vet. Also, you might want to contact a dog breeder for information. You may have to 'bottle feed' for a while too. I would suspect that you got Rocky from some back yard breeder as any credible breeder would NEVER release a puppy so young. Don't wait to act here or I fear you WILL lose him. Are there others in the litter? Diane (01/05/2007)

By brdldy

Young Pit Bull Puppy

A puppy that age will have a very difficult time making it. All pups should be with the mother until at least 6 weeks old. He hasn't had proper nutrition that only the mother can give the pup. Now you will have to bottle feed him. It will be a very difficult life for a 3 week old pup. He should be checked out by a vet soon. (01/05/2007)

By Sue

Young Pit Bull Puppy

Regarding your puppy, I was in the same situation as I rescue a 3 week old from being put to sleep at the dog pound. She is now 4 years old and 80 lbs, take it to the vet as soon as possible, a lot of love and care and the puppy will be your best friend because they believe you are their mother, good luck! (01/18/2007)

By cheyanne

Young Pit Bull Puppy
House Training a Pit Bull
House Training a Pit Bull Puppy
Pit Bull Mix
Pit Bull Mix Photos
Pit Bull
Pit Bull Breed Information and Photos
Pit Bull Puppy
Training a Pit Bull Puppy
🎄