Zucchini Blooming But Not Setting Fruit

I have several of zucchini plants this year and they are huge! My problem is that they bloom with flowers and then all of the sudden the flowers close up and then eventually fall off. I do not have any animals getting inside the garden and I have checked for any pests and there are none. I water ever other day usually as long as it's not extremely hot and in that case every day! Can you help me with any suggestions? I have managed to only grow one zucchini so far.

By Shelly

When I was living in AL I had the same problem. What I did was I took the bloom that had fallen off, and peeled back the petals. Then I rubbed the inside of the bloom gently on the other blooms that were open. It has to do with them not getting pollinated. Hope this helps.

Believe it or not, zucchini flowers are considered a treasure. For years, Italians have made zucchini flower fritters. Please let me know if you care to receive the recipe.

Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingAugust 1, 2011
baby sleeping by grass
Setting Up a Green Nursery
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes