Elf on the Shelf Ideas
Having an Elf on the Shelf is a fun tradition that many families have started to encourage good behavior around Christmas time and to have a few laughs too. He tends to get in a little bit of trouble when he hangs around the house though! This page contains Elf on the Shelf ideas
2 found this helpful
Many times we find that he has been having a lot of fun while we have been sleeping. In many ways he is a kid at heart and enjoys to involve Barbie and other friends. Tennis shoes are great for sliding down the banister:
We have lots of Christmas books for him to read at night:
Our elf Snap's favorite movie is...you guessed...Elf:
Late at night is the perfect time for him to use the computer too:
He has found many other fun things to do while staying at our house. Here are some of the funny things we have found him doing:
- Playing hide and seek with us is one of his favorite games...he is really good at it too!
- Playing board games with Barbie and her friends.
- Taking Barbie for a spin in the Corvette.
- Talking bubble bathes in Barbies tub.
- Toasting marshmallows over the tea light candles.
- Enjoying some popcorn while watching TV.
- Reading stories to the stuffed animals in the house.
1 found this helpful
It isn't just your kids that can get into trouble when your Elf is around. He is known to be a little bit naughty himself. Here are some photos of our elf "Snap" getting into mischief. He really likes candy too! :) We found him hanging from the lights one morning.
He steals candy quite often.
He also has his own ideas for how the Christmas tree should be decorated.
Here are some of the other antics he has been up to over the years:
- Marshmallow fights with other holiday occupants in the house.
- Hanging undies on the Christmas tree.
- Dying the milk green.
- Making flour angels on the countertop.
- Playing in the sprinkles.
- Not flushing after going to the bathroom. (His pee is green!)
- Coloring on the kids' faces. (mustaches and things.)
- Making his bed in the tissue box.
- Going fishing for Goldfish crackers at night.
- Drawing funny faces on hanging photos.
1 found this helpful
Throughout the Christmas season our elf likes to leave little presents, mostly for the kids. :) Because of his sweet tooth they tend to be yummy treats or candy to replace what he has eaten. Other times he leaves things to keep the kids busy. Read More...
I love the "tricks" side of the Elf On The Shelf. I've heard of others doing it with other stuffed animals (a friend of our family has 2 sock monkeys that she does similar things with on a regular basis and posts pictures on facebook). I was wondering if anyone else does something similar and if you have any idea of how I could start this with my kids and "tricks" to try. I've been checking out some of the Elf On The Shelf ideas and may include some of those as well.
Thanks in advance for any help.
August 4, 20120 found this helpful
Most people have to figure out what would work best for them. Myself I wouldn't want to do this all year, I would think the novelty of it would wear off for the kids.
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 30, 2016 at 2:05:17 PM on 10.0.0.163 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us