Teaching Kindergarten Students
Kindergarten is often a child's first introduction to a school environment. Kindergarteners learn the basics of reading, writing, and math. Teaching this age group is tons of fun but also takes a lot of patience. This is a guide about teaching kindergarten students.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read 3 Comments
- I use hanging files in a metal hanging file holder. Each student has a file with a plastic zip loc bag stapled on the inside.
- I have files for scrapbook pages which are purchased or designed on a PrintShop computer program plus other clipart, stickers and other embellishments for pages.
- I keep a variety of pens, markers for writing on scrapbook pages.
- I use notebook plastic sleeves to insert completed scrapbook pages.
- The scrapbooks are compiled in 1 inch 3 ring binders.
- The 3 ring binder is one of the items on the kindergarten supply list for the beginning of school.
- I make student name labels which are put on the spine of the notebook. The notebooks are stacked in a bookcase alphabetically. When a scrapbook page is completed, it is inserted into the plastic sleeve and placed in the student's scrapbook.
- Photographs of the children are made in duplicate; extra pictures are stored in the plastic bag for future use.
- I made a collage of pictures entitled "School Days" at the end of each student's scrapbook last year by using the extra pictures, cropping them and placing them randomly on a page entitled "School Days" which had some school clipart. This page featured pictures of all the kindergarten students at different stages of the school year.
- The scrapbook for this kindergarten class begins with the First Day of School and ends with the Kindergarten Graduation Exercise. All school events are recorded by photos.
- There is a feature entitled "Famous Quotes" which is cute phrases written down that a student says during the course of a school day. Example: A student named Nathan came in from the playground the first day of school and said, "He had to get the corn chips out of his shoes"! The playground is surfaced with wood chips! It was cute!
- These scrapbooks are presented to the kindergarten student's parents at the Kindergarten Graduation Reception.
I work on these scrapbooks daily to stay current.
By WandaJo from TN
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:11:14 PM on 10.0.0.148 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us