Making a Dalmatian Costume
With the popularity of 101 Dalmatians and their distinctive spots it's no wonder dressing up as a Dalmatian is a favorite amongst children. This is a guide about making a Dalmatian costume.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
My son won a prize for this costume. It is very easy to make and costs very little.
Total Time: About 30 minutes
Yield: 1 costume
- 1 white pillowcase or garbage bag. (Use caution with the garbage bag with young children!) Watch carefully while they are wearing it and dispose of it or store on a high shelf if saving it.
- black construction paper
- tape, glue, or thread
- plastic headband
- Cut a hole large enough for child's head to go through on the bag or pillowcase. Cut holes on the sides for the arms to go through as well.
- Cut spots and ears out of the black paper.
- Glue, tape, or sew the spots onto the pillowcase or garbage bag.
- Tape the ears to the headband. If the child's hair is long enough, you can attach the ears to a barrette and clip to the hair.
- Our local firehouse gave my son the hat when they had their annual fair.
- We had the face paint in the house, and I used lipstick on his lips.
- Pinterest or the Internet has many ideas for making your own face paint. There is also one on Thriftyfun, click here: Homemade Face Paint Recipes
My mom got my son this outfit, I think it's a sleeper, but my son wants to play dress-up and is excited for Halloween so I put it in him one night to try it on.
By Shannon from Lakewood, OH
0 found this helpful
Here is a homemade Dalmatian costume that you and your child will love! It's easy to put together and the pattern is provided.
View This Page
This page is not on ThriftyFun, but we had to share it. Be sure to come back and rate it.
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on August 22, 2016 at 1:33:09 AM on 10.0.1.53 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us