Making a Dalmatian Costume
With the popularity of 101 Dalmatians and their distinctive spots it's no wonder dressing up as a Dalmatian is a favorite amongst children. This is a guide about making a Dalmatian costume.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My son won a prize for this costume. It is very easy to make and costs very little.
Total Time: About 30 minutes
Yield: 1 costume
- 1 white pillowcase or garbage bag. (Use caution with the garbage bag with young children!) Watch carefully while they are wearing it and dispose of it or store on a high shelf if saving it.
- black construction paper
- tape, glue, or thread
- plastic headband
- Cut a hole large enough for child's head to go through on the bag or pillowcase. Cut holes on the sides for the arms to go through as well.
- Cut spots and ears out of the black paper.
- Glue, tape, or sew the spots onto the pillowcase or garbage bag.
- Tape the ears to the headband. If the child's hair is long enough, you can attach the ears to a barrette and clip to the hair.
- Our local firehouse gave my son the hat when they had their annual fair.
- We had the face paint in the house, and I used lipstick on his lips.
- Pinterest or the Internet has many ideas for making your own face paint. There is also one on Thriftyfun, click here: Homemade Face Paint Recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.
My mom got my son this outfit, I think it's a sleeper, but my son wants to play dress-up and is excited for Halloween so I put it in him one night to try it on.
By Shannon from Lakewood, OH
October 26, 20110 found this helpful
Shannon, he looks so cute in his costume your mom bought.
Thanks for sharing.
October 27, 20110 found this helpful
He's my sweet Bubby-Boo!