Making an Incredible Hulk Costume
The Incredible Hulk is one of the most famous characters in comic book history and makes a great Halloween Costume. This is a guide about making an Incredible Hulk costume.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is my costume for the Incredible Hulk. It consisted of ripping up a white T-shirt, tearing some jeans and dying them purple, wearing green contact lenses, and spending nearly 3 hours getting airbrushed and detailed with green and purple paint. The only things I purchased were the purple dye and contacts, for a total of $27.
Approximate Time: 4 hours
- old jeans
- old T-shirt
- green contacts
- green, dark green, purple paint
- purple dye
- time in the gym
- I created the clothing part of the costume a few days before Halloween. First came the white T-shirt. I started by ripping off the bottom of the shirt and the sleeves. I then detailed the shirt with a pumice stone, most often used for grind down calluses. I scrubbed the shirt in various locations to give it more of a natural ripping and tearing appearance than cutting it with scissors would.
- Next came the jeans. I started by tearing and ripping them in random locations to give it that "Hulk" appearance, being careful enough to keep the right leg longer to conceal my knee brace. I then purchased two bottles of purple dye from a local fabric store and dyed them in my washing machine. They came out awesome! I honestly didn't think they would come out the way that they did.
- Now the important part of the costume; the paint. I went over to my friend's house and she had lined her bathroom in plastic sheets to protect the walls and floor from overspray. She started with a dark green paint and airbrushed all of the defined parts of my body, to make the muscles have a more pronounced appearance. Next came the "Hulk Green." This paint was sprayed as a topcoat to make me appear totally green. My veins were then outlined in purple and fluorescent paint by using a small paintbrush.
- The final step was the insertion of my green contacts. All said and done, the painting took almost three hours. It came out better than I could ever have imagined.
Read More Comments
October 26, 20110 found this helpful
Your friend did an awesome job! Is she a professional makeup artist? If she's not....she should be!
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I have a man that wants me to airbrush him as the Hulk. I'm not sure what kind of paint to use.
April 17, 20130 found this helpful
Kett airbrush paint or Ben Nye MagiColor Liquid Paint with grey and black green.
Related Content(article continues below)
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 23, 2017 at 9:57:56 PM on 10.0.2.237 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us