Approximate Time: 4 hours
I created the clothing part of the costume a few days before Halloween. First came the white T-shirt. I started by ripping off the bottom of the shirt and the sleeves. I then detailed the shirt with a pumice stone, most often used for grind down calluses. I scrubbed the shirt in various locations to give it more of a natural ripping and tearing appearance than cutting it with scissors would.
Next came the jeans. I started by tearing and ripping them in random locations to give it that "Hulk" appearance, being careful enough to keep the right leg longer to conceal my knee brace. I then purchased two bottles of purple dye from a local fabric store and dyed them in my washing machine. They came out awesome! I honestly didn't think they would come out the way that they did.
Now the important part of the costume; the paint. I went over to my friend's house and she had lined her bathroom in plastic sheets to protect the walls and floor from overspray. She started with a dark green paint and airbrushed all of the defined parts of my body, to make the muscles have a more pronounced appearance. Next came the "Hulk Green." This paint was sprayed as a topcoat to make me appear totally green. My veins were then outlined in purple and fluorescent paint by using a small paintbrush.
The final step was the insertion of my green contacts. All said and done, the painting took almost three hours. It came out better than I could ever have imagined.