We use this one at home and when in the RV.
Creamy Soup Base
This easy-to-make soup base will keep in your refrigerator. Then, simply use it as the creamy soup base mix in both of the recipes below for a quick and healthy weeknight meal. Makes 3 cups of dry mix.
- 2 cups nonfat dry milk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup instant chicken bouillon
- 1 Tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
Five minutes to prepare dry mix
Be sure all equipment and ingredients are dry. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
California Medley Cheese Soup
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dry creamy soup base mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
Add frozen chopped vegetables to 3 cups boiling water and cook slightly. Mix dry creamy soup base mix with cold water in small bowl. Add cold soup mix to boiling water when vegetables are crispy and tender. Add 2 tablespoons of grated cheese just before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftovers within two hours.
Yields 7 1/2 cups
Chicken or Turkey Broccoli Casserole
- 1 lb. fresh, or one 10-ounce package frozen broccoli
- 1 cup cooked chicken or turkey (can use canned chicken if your cooking time is limited)
- 1/3 cup dry creamy soup base mix with 1 1/4 cup water stirred in
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- Cooked pasta, brown or white rice, or noodles.
Wash and cook broccoli until crispy tender. Dice cooked chicken or turkey. Cover bottom of casserole dish with cooked broccoli. Cover broccoli with poultry, and soup and water mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes or microwave for 15 minutes, turning once.
Serve over cooked pasta, rice or noodles. Cover and refrigerate leftovers within two hours.
Source: MO extension center
By Mom-from-missouri from NW Missouri