Dry Salsa Mix Recipes
An easier and faster to make your own salsa is to have a dried spice mix ready that you can add to your tomato or other base ingredients. This will also allow you to have mixes for different types of salsa and varying levels of spiciness. This page contains dry salsa mix recipes.
The following spice mix is made from dried spices. Nothing in this list should be fresh!
- 1/2 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley flakes
- 3 Tbsp. dried cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion flakes
- 2 Tbsp. minced, dried garlic
Mix all spices and store in an air-tight container. Use the following recipe when you want fresh salsa.
Salsa Using Dried Salsa Mix
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. of dried salsa mix (according to taste)
- 1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juice
- salt to taste
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded (more if you want)
Blend to desired thickness. Will keep for 5 days if it lasts that long.
Source: One of my husband's friends.
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on September 17, 2016 at 4:58:02 PM on 10.0.0.155 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us