Stainless Steel Sink

I would like to restore my stainless steel sink to its original newish shine. Can anyone help?

Janet

I use 000 steel wool on mine. I go with the grain of the sink and it shines it right up. SOS pads also work quite well. Use the old style metal not the plastic ones.

Susan

Use alcohol to clean stainless steel sinks for a clean sink and a clean smell.

Cindi

This is a reply for the person who wanted to renew her stainless steel sink. i have heard that vinegar is supposed to make your stainless sink shine like a mirror.

Sandra

I just read in a new book that to clean that stainless steel sink use hydrogen peroxside. I tried it and it makes it shine.

Mabel in MN

I use a product I bought at a "Smart & Final" store. It is called, logically enough, Stainless Steel Cleaner. The manufacturer is Iris. If the cheaper alternatives don't do the trick, perhaps this will.

We just had granite countertops installed with a $600 stainless steel undermount sink. Put the baking stone in there to wash, scratched the bottom of the sink horribly. The finish is a brushed stainless steel. Is another finish better or more durable? I may ask the installer to change it out.

Use olive oil and will shine great!

I agree with Mike and Stephanie, the stainless steel sinks today are junk. I am a teacher and they remodeled my room and replaced my 50 year old stainless steel sink with a new one that started rusting in just a few weeks. My other one did not have a speck of rust! I did not do any fancy cleaning or drying with my other sink and it was always beautiful. I think they are cheating on the metals being used in them. Perhaps they are made in China where everything is not made to standard. If they put melamine in their babies milk I wonder what might be in our stainless steel sinks that are causing them to rust! I do not want to do constant cleaning rituals with my sink, I have a class to teach. Please give me back my old 50 year old sink, it was really stainless!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THEY HAVE USED AND REFINISHED A STAINLESS STEEL SINK WITH THE STAINLESS STEEL PAINT? PLEASE HELP

Hi. I use borax on the stainless sinks and the bath tub. It has many more uses, even laundry.

stainless steel sink
Cleaning a Stainless Steel Sink
Home and Garden Cleaning MetalOctober 20, 2000
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄