Tree Sap on a Car

Can anyone tell me how to safely remove tree sap from my car's finish?

By Claire from Chicago burbs

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Waylen 1 07/27/2010

Wash vehicle with a quality car soap and dry. while vehicle is in shade or other cool place. Use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on a soft clean cloth, pour on a generous amount.Wipe over sap using very light pressure. If you use to hard of pressure, dirt in the sap or encased by the sap may cause scratching. Follow with a cleaner wax.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By ZiZi 5 2 08/08/2010

I just posted the same question without knowing that it was a widespread problem. I already tried to clean the sap drops. But light dark marks were left on my brand new white Mercedes I wonder if alcohol with be able to remove those dark marks?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By ZiZi 5 2 08/11/2010

Thanks I will try rubbing alcohol. Hope it will still work because I already removed the sap without rubbing alcohol and left dark marks on the finish. The marks are not that dark, but annoying to me.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By rick 1 08/21/2010

Have to say, rubbing alcohol works magic. I bought both that and Goo Gone (for cars). Both worked but the alcohol was much easier and required less grease (elbow) to remove the sap. Thanks for the help!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Jackie 32 04/08/2011

If you have tree sap the best thing to do is not touch it and use a water hose to rince it off. I have tried everything also and found if you touch it, it sticks but if you rinse it with water it comes off very easy.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No