Tree Sap on a Car

Can anyone tell me how to safely remove tree sap from my car's finish?

By Claire from Chicago burbs

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Wash vehicle with a quality car soap and dry. while vehicle is in shade or other cool place. Use isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on a soft clean cloth, pour on a generous amount.Wipe over sap using very light pressure. If you use to hard of pressure, dirt in the sap or encased by the sap may cause scratching. Follow with a cleaner wax.

I just posted the same question without knowing that it was a widespread problem. I already tried to clean the sap drops. But light dark marks were left on my brand new white Mercedes I wonder if alcohol with be able to remove those dark marks?

Thanks I will try rubbing alcohol. Hope it will still work because I already removed the sap without rubbing alcohol and left dark marks on the finish. The marks are not that dark, but annoying to me.

Have to say, rubbing alcohol works magic. I bought both that and Goo Gone (for cars). Both worked but the alcohol was much easier and required less grease (elbow) to remove the sap. Thanks for the help!

If you have tree sap the best thing to do is not touch it and use a water hose to rince it off. I have tried everything also and found if you touch it, it sticks but if you rinse it with water it comes off very easy.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Christmas tree on top of an SUV.
Removing Tree Sap from a Car
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoJuly 17, 2010
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
Beautiful Cedar Deck
Removing Sap from a Deck
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
Sap spot and cleaning supplies.
Removing Tree Sap on Microfiber
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 23, 2016 at 4:04:05 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 309 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.