Browsing: Removing a Photo Stuck to Glass

Pictures Stuck to Frames

How do you remove pictures stuck to the glass in a frame?

By Rosee from Fort Payne, AL

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 26, 2010 Flag

I have a picture that is stuck on the glass of a frame. How can I remove it?

By Ann from San Diego, CA

Answers:

Pictures Stuck to Frames

Take a hair dryer to the front of the glass. Let it get really warm before trying to lift it away. This is especially good with old photo albums that were the magnetic type. The glue made it impossible to salvage the photo, but I discovered the handy hair dryer melted the glue. (07/06/2010)

By T&T Grandma

Pictures Stuck to Frames

Heloise suggested years ago putting the picture stuck on glass in the freezer for a few hours. The picture is supposed to pop right off. I have never tried this so I don't really know if it works. (07/10/2010)

By deebomb

July 6, 2010 Flag

How do I remove a picture that is stuck in an old frame?

By D. Cooper from Ren, IN.

Answers:

Pictures Stuck to Frames

Do not try to remove them from frame. Take them to a drug store that can make copies of them in frame. Call before you go. Good luck. (03/16/2010)

By kffrmw88

Pictures Stuck to Frames

Very carefully you can use vapor heat to remove the pictures, although I like the scanning idea as well. (03/18/2010)

By Marisol72

March 16, 2010 Flag

I have photos that are stuck to the glass in the frames. I guess they got moisture in them. How can I get them out without tearing the picture?

By Elly O. from Irving, TX

Answers:

Pictures Stuck to Frames

Don't try to pull the picture off the glass. Remove the glass from the frame, and make copies like that! Either at home, or somewhere else. To help prevent this in the future; glue strips of felt that match the color of frame, on the inside, between the glass and the photo. Let dry for several days, then replace. (10/17/2009)

By fatboyslimsmom

Pictures Stuck to Frames

I have taken advice from archivists and have learned that water alone doesn't hurt prints. In the days of old my Dad, in his dark room, used to run the prints through various solutions and hang them to dry.

I took old albums of black paper where some members had glued the pics to the album. We soaked them in the sink in warm water and they eventually loosened and freed themselves from the paper. We then laid them carefully on wax paper and laid another layer of waxed paper over them. The next step was to weigh them down so they dried flat.

After all this we identified each one in the pic and put them in new albums from Walmart. My aunt and I no sooner finished this huge project which took us 3 weeks and she became ill and passed. The albums are a wonderful gift to the family as she was the last one who could ID the pics. (10/18/2009)

By notetotel

Pictures Stuck to Frames

Water will not hurt the prints. In fact, that is the last solution that they are run through during processing.

However, if they are printed from your desktop printer, water will ruin them, and it would be best to re-scan them while under the glass or print a new copy from the file. (10/18/2009)

By Noella

October 15, 2009 Flag

How can I save family pictures that are stuck to the glass in picture frames

old photo
Removing a Photo Stuck to Glass
Home and Garden Repair OtherAugust 26, 2010
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Making a Mosaic Picture Frame
Closeup of HDMI Cable
Saving Money on HDMI Cables
two old ornate hardcover books
Making a Recycled Book Picture Frame
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 8:17:06 AM on 10.0.2.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.