Browsing: Organizing Your Car's Trunk

Cardboard Box for Trunk Items

A really sturdy cardboard box kept in the trunk of your car makes a great catch-all and keeps stuff from rolling around. Make sure you choose a heavy corrugated box, such as the kind that copy paper comes in, or the kind that some fruits and vegetables are packed in.

I keep items such as a snow brush and extra gloves in the box when it's winter, windshield washer fluid at all times, and also extra empty plastic bags and a flashlight in my cardboard box.

This also works well for me because every Sunday we have to empty the trunk so my son can put his Sunday papers in there, and it's easy just move the box to the back seat of the car.

By Ness

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance
Top Comment

I use an old rectangle clothes basket to help contain the items in the trunk of the car. The handles are broke from laundry use but, the basket still had some life in it.) It helps me contain my re-usable grocery bags, windshield sun screen, etc.

Top Comment

I use a large size plastic basket with handles. It's easy to pick up and move. I keep extra windsheild washer solvent, roll of duct tape, roll of paper towels, tissue box stuffed with plastic grocery bags, a couple old towels, and other things I'm sure I'm forgetting! I drive a mini van and having these things confined works out much better.

Great idea. I have an old heavy plastic milk crate.

I use a dollar store dishpan in my trunk. That way if something leaks (washer fluid etc) it is contained. I also keep a roll of paper towels and a old pair of boots in mine - never know when you'll get stuck in the snow all dressed up to go to work.

Organized Items in a Car Trunk
Organizing Your Car's Trunk
Organizing AutoDecember 2, 2000
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Reusing Cardboard, Stack of Corrugated Cardboard
Reusing Cardboard
Robot Costume made with cardboard boxes
Costume Ideas Using a Cardboard Box
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 27, 2016 at 11:17:21 PM on 10.0.1.118 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.