Browsing: Gift Ideas for Someone in the Navy

Present for a Sailor

My brother is in the Navy and will be gone for Christmas. This is his first Christmas away from home. Does anyone have any good suggestions for gifts for him?

Tamara from Providence, RI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Send him a gift basket filled with snacks (cookies, microwaveable popcorn, snack crackers, etc), books or magazines, phone cards (to call you), tolietries (razors, shaving cream, etc.) My husband was in the Navy and he just appreciated the little things I sent since he couldn't get

the stuff he actually liked on the ship. Also send him a update on the family (make it look like a newspaper.)

Margaret

Make up a big tin of baked goods that can be shared with friends. You might include a small photo album with pictures of loved ones (including pets, church family, etc.) back home, or maybe a calling card.

Jann McClain - Abilene, TX

What about making up a little package of a nice pen, note pad and some pre-addressed, stamped envelopes? I would then add a small photo album with pictures of loved ones to help in case of homesickness. A long distance phone card and a pre-filled address book with numbers would be a good idea as well.

Denise

I've been involved with the Navy since 1966 and I can tell you that those men and women onboard ship and those who won't be able to come home for the holidays will love a touch of home in your gifts. Homemade cookies, candies and breads get devoured. If they have younger siblings or small children let them make Holiday cards and drawings. Toiletries from Bath and Body or other specialty store are good, too. Give them the same things they'd find under the tree if they were home, even if it's just fruitcake made by mom!

Linda

I helped a friend make up a basket for her husband last year. We included extra socks, pens, papper (lose leaf is best, I've been told), stamps (a book or two is best), a calling card (the ones with true mins are better and truley chearper in the long run the the dollar amount ones), pictures of everyone, soap, shampoo, antibacterial lotion, lotion. We also included some homemade cookies and bread. Also we threw in a few poketbooks. He loved it! It was truely one of the best he'd got.

A man in the Navy coming home.
Gift Ideas for Someone in the Navy
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceNovember 2, 2000
Child Leaving for Military
Farewell Party for Child Leaving for Military
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Clay Pot Holiday Soldier
Making a Clay Pot Holiday Soldier
young man in camos holding a Christmas gift
Military Themed Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 6:59:14 AM on 10.0.0.11 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.