Browsing: Drawing Names for Christmas Gifts

Drawing Names for Christmas Gifts

My family has decided to draw names for Christmas gifts this year. My retired parents were still buying for myself and my four sisters, our husbands and 10 grandchildren. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars, they (and all of us) drew the number of names to match how many we have in our family. We are limiting the expenditure to $25 per person. This will make the holidays much less stressful and a lot more economical. It is also more fun to focus in on a few gifts rather than trying to buy for the masses.

Amy

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

My mom's side of the family has done this for as long as I can remember! We always made it where the kids (12 and under) drew kids and adults drew adults. My dad side has the kids (14 and under) draw names. The women buy women gift and men buy men gifts, then they number them and draw. Nothing over $20 usually.

This works very well, there are 9 brotehers and sisters on my dad's side (most of them have 2 or more kids), and there is 7 brothers and one sister on my mom's side (each has 3 more more kids), plus greatgrandkids on both sides.

All together (if they was still alive) my dad's mom and dad has 24 grand kids and 13 great grand kids.

My mom's mom and dad has 20 grand kids and 6 great grand kids.

My family rotates names (there are 4 of us). I made a chart, so you know all year who you'll be buying for, just in case you see something "perfect." We always buy for the kids, but it stops at age 18.

Here's the site I found:

http://www.secret-gift.com/Home.aspx

Christmas Gifts
Drawing Names for Christmas Gifts
Holidays and Parties Christmas GiftsNovember 10, 2000
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
girl drawing while traveling on a train
Making an On the Go Drawing Kit
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 9, 2016 at 2:23:30 PM on 10.0.2.217 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.