Browsing: 80th Birthday Gift Ideas

Inexpensive 80th Birthday Gift Ideas

I am looking for some inexpensive birthday gift ideas for an 80 yr. old aunt.

TerBear from Buffalo, NY

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

What about a lap blanket or throw, decorated with the names/nicknames of members of the family: his grandkids, great-grands, siblings, and hand- or foot-outlines of the little ones. Could sew-on the names made with stencils, or write-on with fabric paint.

I need some ideas for my mother's 80th birthday.

===

We posted this as a request.

Susan

We are having a card shower for my grandmother's 80th birthday. We're sending notices to friends and family to send her a birthday card during that week. She repeatedly said she didn't want a party but we had to do something!

There is a site www.Seniorstore.com, which has some great gift ideas. I too have to find a gift for an 80 year old grandfather.

We are doing a birthday party for dad who is turning 80 and we are all going in to get him and his wife a night a a bed and breakfast.

80 year-olds want to be young again!!Take him on a vacation,to where he grew up!Do a double date----you,your man/woman,him,his wife{if any}Take him out to dinner!!

Glad to help!

i had an idea of making a family tree starting with the 80 yr.old or making a money tree with 80 dollars on it.

I am trying to plan a party for my grandfather who is turning 80. He is a very reknowed wood carver who has recently lost his sight. What can I do that he would enjoy that didn't involve sight?

Hi I need gift ideas for a 80th year old Granny; were having a surprise party but need to also get her a gift? Thanks

For a 80 year old - the best gift is to show and speak to them of your love and appreciation. Why wait until they past away to hear how everyone feels? Get together people who have fond memories to share, especially about the goodness of that 80 year old. Not only speak of these things but video tape it also.

I bet you will see tears in their eyes - and they will have a wonderful video to rewatch, remember, and cherish their 80th birthday.

Try the RSL who can organise an OBE badge and certificate. (Over Bloody Eighty)

I manage an Assisted Living and it just so happens my mom & dad are celebrating their 80th birthday this Saturday, (we combined both). I have purchased a massaging bedpillow (my mom sits and wathces tv in bed), some anti aging cremes for my mom, etc. Dad is a different story. He likes books (but many of the elderly have visual problems). A magnifying glass might be helpful. Lotions are always good as their skin becomes very dry. A pedicure/manicure is always good as well. Just a few quick ideas. Hope this helps!

I giving my dad, also 80, a couple of "Jackie How'' singlets (navy) as he used to wear them when he was working as a carpenter years ago. I'm machine embroidering them with a fishing pic as he liked fishing but also "I made it to 80" on one and "I am an OCTOGENARIAN" on the other one.

Does your Aunt live alone, if she does, you can give her a card that you made up saying you will come over and clean and dust her place for her, go thru and see if there is anything your Aunt isn't using that can be given to the Salvation Army, some people are pack rats, also see if she has letters and cards from family and friends and start a scrapebook for her, old pictures can be put in also, ask who they are and write down on the bottom who and when it was take if she can remember. Some one mention a vedio recording, this is a great idea, can make copies and send it to family members who can add their family history to it. JMG of California

One of the gifts my mother seemed to enjoy most in her later years was a long distance phone account so it wouldn't cost her anything to call out of town family and friends. When she was about to use up the time, I would renew it for her. One Suite is an online company that has low rates.

If you are in the same general vacinity, give the gift of time. Create a food of the month (when we did this for my Grandmother it was chocolate chip cookies, her favorite, for my Mom it's a different dish each month) then enjoy a meal or an afternoon or even Sunday brunch at least once every month together. Now I live several states away from Mom and can't spend a day a month with her, so my Husband and I (and my daughter and her husband too) write little notes and sometimes record conversations over a meal throughout the month, Kinda like a journal and then send them to Mom with either a recipe to try or a non-perishable food item. Then on the scheduled day we each enjoy the same meal at the same time and spend our "day" together even though we are 1200 miles apart.

For important dates, like a siblings b'day or anniversary we sometimes send a restaurant gift certificate so that everyone can be together. It's a long distance family reunion. My sister is even putting together a family web page so Mom can share pictures with all of us too.

http://www.trixiepixgraphics.com/newspapers/write_custom.html

I don't know how expensive this is, but it's one of many you can order newspapers that were running on the day of her birth, or make up your own stories!

My sister just had her 80th birthday. My family each gave her a $10 bill. I gave her a $10 gift card for CVS drug store. Maybe you would consider giving a gift card for his favorite grocery store?

When you are 80 yrs old, you want to be able to shop for yourself and pick out what you want. But most of the time, we don't have the money to do that. I used to take my mom to K mart so she could shop. Maybe a gift of time is an idea you can use. Sometimes elderly people cannot drive the car.

Pictures, pictures & more pictures. Archives from her church, school, wedding, families. You can fabricate

her image with the presidents past, favorite holidays, etc.

Enlarge them, make posters, placemats, seating cards..

Hi - we are the Australian maufacturers of the Over Bloody Eighty - Over Bloomin Eighty gift sets and certificates. We deliver nationally and internationally. Our web site is www.obedirect.com.au. Hope this is helpful.

This would work for 80, but my brother, sister, and I did it for my dad's 75th. Each of us wrote 25 things we remembered about him, mostly from childhood. We printed them out and put them on a book we made of handmade paper, and my sister illustrated it. He's almost 80 now, and the book still sits on the coffee table. He was very touched, especially by those things he'd forgotten but that had stuck in our memories for one reason or another.

November 8, 2008 Flag

It's my grandfather's 80th birthday and I'm wanting gift ideas please. Kind regards.

Sherrie from Australia

Answers:

If he is like my mom...

If he is like my mom, he has everything he wants and if he really wants something, he just buys it. This takes a little work ahead of time. Get a hold of his Christmas list or phone book. Write a letter (write on and copy it on neat paper) and send it to everyone telling them that it is your dad's 80th birthday. You want everyone to help make this a birthday that will not be forgotten. Ask them to write a special memory of your father and include a picture if possible. Give them a date you want it before the birthday. In the meantime, buy a scrapbook and get get some interesting pages and stickers. As the letters start arriving, start creating your book. Include a page for you and your family. Trust me this is a gift that he will not forget. We did this for my mom's 80th birthday and she still sits and looks at it today. We live in California, but she went to high school in Missouri and has continued many friendships over the years. Since they couldn't come to the party, they still got to participate. We only had notification of 2 deaths. This was one gift that keeps on giving. Connie

By admin2

80 year old's birthday

I used this on several birthday's, the theme was everyone bring a gift of "80" of anything, marbles for when you lose yours, after sex mints, doughnuts (if they have a real weakness for them), etc. You get the idea! Ms. Syd Barr Dunkirk, MD

By sydfred

80 years old birthday

I would think that postage stamps would make an ideal gift to anyone of any age. This would work for rest home residents too.

By ajdutchtown

80 Year Old's Birthday

By themsubers

80 Year Old's Birthday

By Susan

80 Year Old's Birthday

By

80 Year Old's Birthday

80 year-olds want to be young again! Take him on a vacation, to where he grew up! Do a double date, you, your man/woman, him, his wife (if any). Take him out to dinner! Glad to help!

By helping hand

80 Year Old's Birthday

I had an idea of making a family tree starting with the 80 yr.old or making a money tree with 80 dollars on it.

By Loni Shewey

80 Year Old's Birthday Good idea

By Carol

Birthday suggestion for elder persons

I made a book year by year: I looked up which day of the week the person was born on to start my book followed by the persons zodiac sign; special events which happened only on that date; famous person's whom were born and died on that date; then followed up by doing each year with: presidents, population, first class postage stamp cost; then events which happened that year. Yes, it took quite sometime but let me tell you EVERYONE WAS VERY IMPRESSED.

By kimberly

80th birthday

I was just online looking for my dad an 80th birthday gift. I thought of a GPS system, renting a chello player for an hour, and of course a bottle of scotch on the side wrapped up in a pretty bow. Good luck on your search. (05/23/2007)

By joyce

80 Year Old's Birthday

By Joie Debold

80 Year Old's Birthday

By Frankie

CD of stories and memories from friends and families

For my grandfather's 80th birthday, I made him a CD of well-wishes, and stories from his family and people he grew up with. Here's how I did it...

I sent an email to everybody I knew with a toll-free number so that they could call in and leave a message. In the email I asked them to forward the email on to anyone else that knew my grandfather. All the recordings were put on a CD. We played it at his birthday party, and he was very touched. He doesn't see too well these days, so it's something he really treasures.

I used a service called LifeOnRecord, they can make the CD for you, but I made the CD myself. The web address is http://www.lifeonrecord.com/Meaningful-80th-Birthday-Gift.htm (10/04/2008)

By Theresa G.

80th Birthday Cake
80th Birthday Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdultsNovember 8, 2008
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
swiss army knife
40th Birthday Gift Ideas for Men
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
Gifts That Cost Nothing
Inexpensive Gift Ideas for Coworkers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 18, 2016 at 11:04:19 AM on 10.0.0.187 in 727 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.