Gift Wrapping Idea for Uniquely Shaped Boxes

When wrapping shower gifts in the past, my mom always seemed to come up with an item that did not quite fit in any available box. For example, she once purchased a beautiful, unique, serving dish from a Pier 1 store, but forgot all about getting a box. The best one we had around just barely closed, forming kind of a peak or roof on one end of the box.

Well, that's all I had to see and I went crazy with it. After using the usual commercial type paper to wrap, I began decorating it with bits of ribbon to look like a little cottage. I even went so far as to include a small chimney made of a scrap of folded cardboard covered in ribbon, a front door, window and a few grass blades along the bottom and this formerly "awkward" box was the talk of the party! Another fun part was that no one could guess what was inside!

Denise from Whitestone, NY

My favorite wrapping "paper" for large or bulky items is a pillow case. It's reusable and easy! For kids I buy one with their favorite super hero or cartoon character. My (adult) kids tease me about it, but they tell their friends this unique idea so it must not be too crazy!