Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

To remove candle wax from container after it has burned, place in the freezer. The wax will harden and makes removal much easier.

By Alice from PA

Years ago I too had the problem of getting that last bit of wax out of votive cups. Then I had an idea that worked. I turn the oven on 200 degrees, put the cups upside down on several layers of paper towles on a ceramic dish and put inside the oven. Turn off the heat and let the wax melt into the paper towels. A bonus: Use the waxy paper towel as a firestarter in your fireplace or camp fire. Works great!

May 4, 2010 Flag

I have found the ABSOLUTELY best and fastest way to remove wax from votive candle holders. Just pop the votive in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes and the remaining wax pops right out! This is much easier than many of the other ways I have found.

By Carol from Lancaster, PA

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

Wow! She's right! Put the votive in the freezer and that wax just pops right out after about an hour! No mess! Thank you! (11/08/2006)

By Michigan Mom

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

I find that either popping it in the oven for a little while at less than 200 or just sitting it on my candle warmer melts everything..

I can pour it out and wipe clean in a jiffy with paper towel.

Wax to me, is like gold and I use every bit of it. If it's the end of a candle I want to strain out all the wick and black bits with a piece of panty hose.

I keep a special tin soup can for my candle warmer just to use for that. (07/09/2007)

By Sheraone

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders

Oh and I meant to say that if you're reusing the wax, popping it in the freezer may possibly add moisture, especially if it has additives in it.

Don't let anyone tell you that popping a wicked candle into a freezer helps it burn longer. It doesn't, and it definitely adds moisture to the wick. (07/09/2007)

By Sheraone

December 7, 2000 Flag

Put the candle holder in the freezer overnight. In the morning gently tap it upside down and the wax will fall out.

Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders 06/10/2004
I found it easy to let your votive candles soak in HOT water for at least 15 minutes. Then you can just pull the unwanted candle out. It always seems to work for me.
By Channon
Remove Wax from Votive Candle Holders 01/13/2006
I've found it also easy to pour some finger nail polish in the candle let it sit for about 15-20 mins. The remaining votive candle will fall out
By Anna

Votive Candles
Using Votive Candles
Home and Garden Cleaning TipsMay 4, 2010
Star shaped glass candle holder.
Cleaning Candle Wax from Glass
Cleaning Candle Wax from Upholstery
Glass frog pencil holders.
Unique Pencil Holders
Preventing Wax Residue in Candle Holders