Pumpkin Carving Tips

Halloween is right around the corner. This page contains some Jack O'Lantern carving tips and resources. Feel free to post your own tips.

When carving out your jack-o-lanterns, carve a section straight across the bottom then clean out as much seeds and flesh as possible. This serves several purposes, the pumpkin sits straight, the lid does not shrink and collapse and you just lift the pumpkin up to light your candle. Roast the seeds after rinsing and if you have small pumpkins boil the flesh and mash for pumpkin goodies such as pies, cakes, cookies or bread.

By LuAnn from lancaster, Ohio

* Cut the hole in the bottom of the pumpkin instead of the top. It makes it easier to deal with the candle.

* Sprinkle cinnamon in your pumpkin for a great smell.

* If you make a mistake carving, use a toothpick to reattach pieces.

* Create elaborate designs by carving with a pattern.

Find some great patterns online at jack-o-lantern.com. http://www.jack-o-lantern.com/

* You may want to consider painting or drawing a face on your pumpkin. Then you can can eat the pumpkin after Halloween.

* Be sure to compost your pumpkin after Halloween.

* Save the seeds and bake them for a delicious snack.

Pumpkin Seed Baking Instructions:

They are quick, easy, healthy and delicious.

1. Preheat oven to 350 F

2. Rinse seeds until they are clean.

3. Let the seeds dry

4. Coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Once cooked, you can eat the seeds with the shell on or off. Sprinkle salt or other seasoning on the seeds before baking, if desired. For saltier seeds, boil the seeds in salt water for 5 to 10 minutes before baking.

What great ideas, I wish I had thought of this 40 years ago.

It is great to see such creative minds. Barb

The Dremel Pumpkin Carving kit is a lot of fun practice makes perfect pumpkins and I need practice:)

I have always cut a lower slice off the bottom of the pumpkin so it stands up and makes it easy to carve then when it is time for the light in the pumpkin I use a small flashlight instead of a candle then I can still use my pumpkin for baking with no burns of wax inside.

With the Dremel tool it cuts deep enough so the light can show through.

I love this dremel kit.

Much better then using a knife." You can buy the dremel tool at Home Depot.ca

Carving Pumpkins for Halloween
Carving Pumpkins for Halloween
Holidays and Parties Halloween Pumpkin CarvingOctober 13, 2005
Carving Foam Pumpkins
Carving Foam Pumpkins
Pumpkin Custard
Pumpkin Custard Recipes
painted pumpkins
Decorating Pumpkins Without Carving Them
A wood carving of a Wester Sandpiper
Making a Wood Carving
🎉
🎄