Browsing: Saving Money on Meat

Befriend the Butcher and the Baker

If you use a lot of bread and/or meat, it's a good idea to ask the butcher and baker what time they put out discounted items. If they are nice enough to tell you, you can plan your shopping trips around it. Both meat and bread freeze well so you can just thaw as necessary.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Wow, I hope no one else who lives in my neighborhood has read this tip or we'll have to arm wrestle over the meat. Thanks for the tip.

I did at a supermarket that no one believed they do anything but wrap the meat already to put on shelves. One day I started to talk to the butcher,the deli person, shelf stocking person,bakery person and freezer person. Now they tell me where the buys are and what time to come. Also loose fruit sold as seconds when to come in. It's like old home week. They also told me that the customers come in to see me teasing them The manager says it is a delight to see people smile and listen to our make believe haggle.

A stack of raw beef tenderloin.
Saving Money on Meat
Budget & Finance ShoppingDecember 14, 2000
rolling cookie dough
Using a Baker's Roller
Butcher Paper Rolls
Uses for Butcher Paper
Baked potato with all the fixings.
Making a Potato Baker Bag
Knife and Butcher Block
Butcher Block Care and Maintenance
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:56:58 AM on 10.0.1.242 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.