Use for Used Fabric Softener Sheets

Is there anything I can do with used fabric softener sheets?

By Melanie

Yes, used fabric softener sheets can be used in a couple ways. If you really want to get your moneys worth when you have about 10 sheets that are done in. Toss them in your laundry together and they will still do one more load. Another thing that is a little more practical is you can rub them on you skin and keep a sheet or two in pockets and they keep mosquitoes away. (That's what I usually do with them)

I throw them in my lingerie drawer; the scent lingers enough to give everything a fresh smell. Anywhere you could use a sachet, you can use a fabric softener sheet. The sheets are also good for dusting. They seem to attract dust ~ maybe because of the static? They leave a nice shine to wood surfaces as well.

Take a couple or more and wet them and use to clean surfaces as you would a wash cloth. They'll still be reusable for cleaning after that until they fall apart. ;-)

I save the ones I find (when I'm not in a hurry) and keep them in a container on the drier. Honestly, I end up throwing away more than I save but when I do save them I stuff a handful (five or so?) into purses, bags, duffel bags, suitcases, etc., that I'm not currently using. Seems to help keep these items from developing that stuffy, hasn't been used in a while smell, that some closeted items collect. Just be sure to keep them out of reach from the curious kids and pets! :-)

I use them for interfacing when sewing.

Down here in the South, we have lots of bugs (especially "love bugs" in May) which leave a mess on the front of our motorhome. Use several bunched up, used fabric softener sheets as a wash cloth (with water of course) on the dried bug splatter. Don't ask me why but it works.

After I take the weeks garbage to the curb, I drop a fabric sheet in the garbage pail before I put a clean bag in I do this for the small waste paper pails in the other rooms too. They smell good.

Please throw them away! Then, read my post on the dangerous chemicals in these things (and in fabric softeners, laundry detergents, and just about everything else).

Title: Warning About Dryer Sheets And Pets

<http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf29225487.tip.html>

<a href="http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf29225487.tip.html">

AOL Link</a>

You do not want to allow these chemicals to touch your skin. It's okay to be thrifty but it's not wise to re-use these things. Or use them to begin with, for that matter. There are much more worthwhile things to recycle, please don't waste thought or time on fabric softener sheets, they belong in the garbage, as toxic waste.

I save all my used fabric softener sheets and use them to dust. They are especially great for dusting your TV and computer screens. They hold onto the dust and you don't have to worry about static electricity!

January 10, 2011 Flag

Don't throw away your used fabric softener sheets. You can use them to clean stubborn casserole dishes and roasters. Rinse the dish first, then fill with hot water and add 1 or 2 Bounce sheets, wait about 30 minutes and the pan will not need scrubbing!

Laura

Answers:

Use for Used Fabric Softener Sheets

You may also use them by rubbing them on your exposed skin before going outside. It works as a wonderful bug repellent. (09/01/2004)

By Suzanne S.

Fabric Softener Sheet Ant Deterrent

Did you know that Bounty fabric softener sheets are a great ant deterrent? We put them in our RV food cabinets and also at home. Ants will not come into any cabinet that has a dryer sheet in it (and it keeps them fresh smelling!)

By juneez (10/31/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Use for Used Fabric Softener Sheets

I use my used fabric softener sheets for applying stain to wood. Also, I have used them for applying paint to a shelf for an antiqued look, just a light coat to let the undercoat come through. I also wrap them up in my clean, folded sheets to keep them smelling fresh. If you use the used ones, you just need to put a couple more in there than if you used a new sheet. It works great. (02/15/2008)

By Julie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Reusing Dryer Sheets, Cute snowmen made out of reused dryer sheets.
Reusing Dryer Sheets
Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 10, 2011
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎉
🎄