Make Your Own Baby Wipes

With a serrated knife, saw a normal roll of paper towels into two half-sized rolls. Pull the cardboard core from the center and place one of the mini rolls in a coffee can. Feed the center sheet of the roll through an X cut in the can's plastic lid.

Mix 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons dish soap with about 1 1/2 cups water and pour the solution over the towels (exact quantities of water vary according to towels).

By Brier

Dish detergent would be good for hand wipes and clean ups but way too harsh for a baby's bottom. I make my own baby wipes with wash cloths that I wash with my diapers, I carry them in a Tupperware or zip lock baggy. I soak them in water with a little witch hazel and baby oil, or you can use baby bath, plain water is often enough. - JulieBeth

I like Brier Books idea but I too think dish soap is too harsh. You could however use a baby shampoo ora baby wash in its place.

Ok, I'm going to show my age here, but when my 26-year-old daughter was an infant (before there WERE baby wipes), I made my own. I fixed a mix of baby lotion and warm water (made it the consistency of thin fabric softener) and put it in a small resealable dish. I bought a package of "handi-wipes" and cut each one in fourths. I then put all of them into the lotion/water mix and kept them by her diapers. I used cloth diapers and kept a diaper pail handy. I used one of my wipes with each diaper change and then tossed the soiled wipe and diaper into the diaper pail for soaking. When it was time to wash diapers, I washed all the soiled wipes and diapers together. I have to say, that baby NEVER had a diaper rash.

Take a roll of bounty paper towels and cut the roll in half. Remove the cardboard center. You will have 2 half rolls. In two separate containers or zip type bags, add to each: 2 1/4 cups water, 2 TBS baby shampoo or wash and 1 TBS baby oil. Mix. Place the 1/2 roll in each container and invert until all liquid is absorbed. Pull towels from the center to use. Much cheaper and natural.

By Carolyn

Baby shampoo? Baby oil? Natural? What tree do they grow on? LOL! They are manufactured. There is nothing intrinsically 'good' about natural - nature has some very toxic poisons and dog poop is natural!!!! If you want to be sure of what is going into personal products you would need to make your own preparations, from scratch, using ingredients with scientifically proven suitability for use on the skin. But the point I'm making is that the word/concept 'natural' is not necessarily best or least harmful.

Make your own home made baby wipes using paper towels and watered down baby wash. You get a pair of scissors and cut the roll of paper towels in half, remove the core tube. Put with mixture of baby wash and water in the bottom of an old wipe container. Put the paper towels in the container to absorb the liquid and store until needed.

By crystal allen

Photo of a baby on changing table.
Making Homemade Baby Wipes
Make Your Own Baby ItemsJanuary 6, 2004
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
Baby Wipes
Saving Money on Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes