Uses for Old Tennis Shoes

Once your tennis shoes are too worn and ugly to wear, their usefulness is far from over. This is a guide about uses for old tennis shoes.

January 17, 2001 Flag

Do you have any uses for old, unwanted tennis shoes?

I have an idea for a tennis shoe washing device that keeps the shoes from floating to the top of the washer---and hence---they get cleaner. What do you think? Would it sell?

I use my old tennis shoes for when I go to the beach. I like to walk along the beach and go out when it's low tide. So I use my old shoes so I don't get all the muck on my good clean ones. And whenever I do yard work I wear them.

I like to keep an old pr of gym shoes around for yard work or going fishing....just anything that I might ruin a better pr of shoes. My son came home yesterday with very muddy gym shoes. He wore his spare ones he keeps in the class home and the muddy ones were in his backpack in a plastic bag. Anyway, these shoes he's worn since the beginning of school in Aug. They are already pretty worn but still fit and I decided to just give them a good soaking. I filled up a bathroom sink and just let them soak with hand washing liquid....the water really got black, I changed the water and added some Oxyi clean and let them soak a while longer. I let them soak overnight and changed the water again in the morning. It was amazing how clean and white they got and I didn't really do any work....just let them soak. I am not certain if they are leather or vinyl but they do not appear to be harmed in any way. Finally I took an old toothbrush and brushed them down good and gave them a good rinsing. They are sitting on a little rug now in the laundry room and I imagine they'll be plenty dry by the time he goes back to school on Mon! He's in Kindgergarten and they like to take them outside as much as possible but the ground was definitely soggy. Oh well, I'm glad he got out in the fresh air and had some fun. Now he can get some more wear out of these shoes before I let him wear the new ones I have in reserve!

take fabric paint and paint the old shoes... I have taken ribbon and use it for shoe strings or add studs for a sparkle... looks really nice if your really creative.

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 16, 2013
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
boot planter
Uses for Old Shoes
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 17, 2016 at 7:19:20 PM on 10.0.2.205 in 696 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.