Drinks and Ice, Cheap and Ready to Go

I buy canned drinks when the grocery stores are having a really good sale, and I put them away for when we go on trips or rides. I also bag my own ice. Every time my ice bin gets full I put it in a large freezer bag and put it in the freezer. Whenever we get ready to go somewhere I throw a few drinks and a bag of ice in the cooler and we are set to go. No need to stop and spend $10 for drinks and ice. I also try to keep prepackaged snacks for those last minute trips.

Brenda

Very good ideas, Brenda. I have an icemaker so ice is always pretty much ready for me to just pop in a ziploc bag. My husband & I prefer to drink water on car trips so I fill a jug with ice water and bring some cups. The kids have that too or I bring small juice bottles for them or fill up no spill cups for them with juice, etc while on the road. I try to avoid spending money on pop when we're out because it really is an unnecessary expense! I'd just prefer to bring along my homemade iced tea or just have good old H2O. I always fix a bag of snack items before we head on a road trip....sometimes the kids get hungry before it's time to stop for a meal. I either buy prepackaged items or make up peanut butter and crackers, or cut up apples, bananas and such.

WE WENT TO SAN DIEGO A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO FROM ILLINOIS WE TOOK A COOLER WITH US FILLED WITH LUNCH SUPPLIES AND DRINKS,PACKED SOME MUNCHIES AND AWAY WE WENT. SURE SAVED US A LOT OF MONEY AND DIDN'T HAVE TO STOP OFTEN TO EAT.

I reuse many times 16 and 20 ounce plastic bottles. I fill them up about 85 per cent full and freeze them. It's a good idea to freeze them without the lids and add the lids when frozen. When we are ready to leave I grab a few frozen bottles and we are ready to go. They defrost quickly in the heat. They are also good to drink from when we are home and it's 90 degrees.

Travel and Recreation TravelJanuary 24, 2001
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Summer drinks
Avoiding Watered Down Iced Drinks
🎉
🎄