Make Your Own Funnel

Need a funnel in a pinch? Cut off the bottom of a 2 liter or 1/2 liter bottle. This works great, and only costs 10 cents (which is the deposit price in Michigan). You can make it as tall or short as you want.

By melmarr from Michigan

August 19, 2009 Flag

Don't have a funnel handy? Aluminum foil can be easily crafted into a funnel that will work in a pinch. Get a piece of aluminum foil that is twice as long as it is wide and fold it to form a square, use this to roll into a funnel.

Answers:

Makeshift Funnel

I cut the top of plastic soda pop bottles when I need a funnel in a hurry. You need to be careful of the edges, because they can be sharp. I use one from a 2 litre bottle to refill my birdfeeder with, and the regular scooping has helped to smooth the edges. (10/14/2006)

By Ron Nasty

August 19, 2009 Flag

I use 1/2 gal milk containers. Cut off the base just below the handle, and use the top - flip it over and you have a handy funnel! My son showed me this tip and I've used them in the kitchen, especially when I'm trying to get large quantities of liquidy foods into back into jars, etc.!

By Julie

Answers:

Quick and Easy Funnel

I recycle the large Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Lite containers. I make a funnel out of one, using the method described above.

I use the whole container to store dry pet food. Pouring from a bag is not easy, but pouring from these containers is, and filling them with the funnel is a snap. (06/26/2007)

By the Oracle

Quick and Easy Funnel

Great idea. Thanks for the tip.

Anna, NYC (06/27/2007)

By aw_$mgr96

August 19, 2009 Flag

Every have something to funnel from a container to another with a small opening or neck? Often the right size funnel has walked off somewhere, like to your husband's shop!

Don't despair! If it is a dry product, simply roll and piece of cardboard or heavy paper...from a magazine cover, then hold one end to keep a small enough opening to fit in the "new" container and open the other end to "take" the product from the bag or other container. Pour cautiously and you've accomplished your goal, with a homemade funnel.

If it is a liquid product you're transferring choose a heavy paper with a shiny surface and pour away. Chances are you'd get your 'stuff' transferred before the paper gets soaked through.

Nett of NH

(Originally published in 2001)

Answers:

Frugal Funnel

Cut the top of a plastic water or soda bottle about 2-3 inches past the neck to make a funnel for anything when needed.

By Fran (07/09/2004)

By ThriftyFun

Woman Sifting Flour to Make Cookie Dough
Frugal Kitchen Tips and Tricks
Make Your Own MiscellaneousAugust 19, 2009
Transferring Liquids Into Smaller Containers
Colorful Funnels
Using Funnels in the Kitchen
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
Funnel Cake Recipes
Funnel Cake Recipes
🎉
🎄