Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

Category Gifts
Many people celebrate this holiday with gifts of hearts, flowers, candy, and thoughtful gestures for their loved ones. This is a guide about Valentine's Day gift ideas.

While my friend was recovering from hip surgery she was unable to bake and decorate Valentine's Day cookies with her granddaughter. Both of them were pretty disappointed. So I made up a batch of my sugar cookies, cut them into Valentine's shapes and baked them.

I got a few containers of ready-to-spread frosting, food coloring, sprinkles and other toppings and packed them (carefully) in a festive container and delivered them to her.

My friend was elated with the surprise of the care package I had put together, and the ability of partaking in the annual cookie decorating event that they always had together! This made their day, and mine! By Shirley from Hastings, MI

Shirley, I would like your sugar cookie recipe as I don't have one. Yes, you are a treasure and your friend is blessed to have you.

You don't have to spend a lot of money for a nice Valentine's gift. A few years ago my husband had to travel overseas and was going to be gone over Valentine's Day. Although we don't normally do much for each other on that day, I hated that he would be alone in a hotel. I took a small photo album (the kind you get for $1 at some discount stores), and I put photos of myself, our children, and close family and friends. I wrote on a piece of paper and stuck in the first slot "Happy Valentine's Day, from those of us who love you very much!" I put it in his brief case for him to find later. He was very pleasantly surprised with his very unique gift.

By Skeesics56 from NW Ohio

I had plans for this before I even read your post :) Only I'm creating a fabric cover to put on the album.

Great minds... great ideas!

I use the small water plastic bottles and fill with small candies. The candy had to fit easily in the mouth of the bottle. Then add a ribbon and/or bow to give as a small and inexpensive gift. It does put a smile on my friends face to get one often. I have never painted the outside because the different colored candies are pretty enough showing through the clear plastic.

Did you remove the label outside the water bottle? I am thinking you used plastic right. I might try this for my sisters job with a different kind of bottle. Thanks for the idea.

Last week was Valentine's Day. I received several email cards, but not one real "put my hands on" card in the mail box, which made me to think about email causing us to receive less hand written cards and what ever happened to letters.

With Valentines Day approaching, I thought I would pass along a cute idea. A few years ago a friend came home on Valentines Day to find that her husband had apparently forgotten and had done nothing to observe the special day.

Love Banner

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

Show your love of friends, home and family this Valentine season by making a pretty love banner.

Valentine's S'mores Bouquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

Show your love with this sweet and fiery bouquet. This is a guide about making a Valentine s'mores bouquet.

This takes some pre-planning but worth yearly returns. "Sneak" and plant very early blooming spring bulbs in someone's garden or lawn, prominent where they are sure to be seen. Try (easily) to find those that should be in full bloom during the week of the holiday.

Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

Flowers are beautiful and a delightful gift to receive, but you can't eat them. Try this candy bouquet instead or in addition to the traditional bouquet of flowers. This is a guide about making a Valentine's Day candy bouquet.

St. Valentine Day is the day of Love. For lovers, it is the one day that we remember how much our better half means to us. For our children, it is a day to learn to love.

Last year for Valentine's Day, I made hubby a little Valentine-book called "LAURA'S GIFT GUIDE." I used an inexpensive plastic photo album (so I could make modifications when I wanted to or needed to) .

This tip is for a great, thrifty, and heart-felt Valentine's Day gift. The best part is, it's free! One year, I wrote a poem about my favorite aunt, who I'm very close to. Though my poetry is rather personal to me, I finally decided to share it with her for Valentine's Day not long ago.

Here is a Valentines for teachers or someone special. I saw in a magazine where they did this with a paper cup but I decided I am using a mug with paint that can be used on glass.

This is for Valentine's Day, but you could alter it to whatever day you want. I used a printing program and found a picture of the little heart candy with sayings on them. Below it I printed "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

This is a suggestion for a Valentine's Day gift for someone you love. Decorate a basket for Valentine's Day using lace and ribbons and your imagination, and fill the basket with fruit...

My 54 year old bf doesn't have any interest in sports and doesn't like to wear cologne, so it is so hard to buy him anything. Does anyone have an idea what I could buy this man?

Yes you can take him to dinner or lunch or to a movie, a gift card for haircuts, or any type of gift cards.

Maybe a DVD or a nice throw blanket; or both. Hope that helps :)

As a foreign born person living now in America, do you celebrate Valentine's Day? What do you usually give for gifts to new friends? I see lots of candy and flowers.

By Badri

Anonymous

I always love handmade cards and small gifts on Valentines Day, rather than purchased cards.

hey everybody! well, i'm soon gonna be a teenager and i think that you could make a very inexpensive and delicious looking gift like this- take a few chocolate flavored lollipops, and put em together tie them with an elastic thread and wrap some flowery paper around to give a look like a bouquet! i read this in a book called DIY! its a great book!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

My husband, last year for Valentine's Day had a bowl of candy and flowers on the kitchen counter. After smelling the flowers, I notice the sparkle. After 30+ years, he still surprises me! :)

By Kathy

Comment Like this photo? 17

Love the photo, took me a minute to see the ring! What a great romantic fellow. The best valentine's gift is to be "sweet" to each other all year long.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This is the sweetest Valentine gift I have ever recieved. It was from my grandaughter Sammie Marie.

Sweet Valentine Gift

By Betty from Fond du Lac, WI

Comment Like this photo? Yes

thank you . Yes i think I am a lucky Grandma too. I have 6 more wonderful grand children. Thanks also on the compliment on my 0ld curtains. Always nice hearing from friends.

Reply Like this photo? Yes