Valentine's Day Gift Ideas

Many people celebrate this holiday with gifts of hearts, flowers, candy, and thoughtful gestures for their loved ones. This is a guide about Valentine's Day gift ideas.

February 2, 2009 Flag

While my friend was recovering from hip surgery she was unable to bake and decorate Valentine's Day cookies with her granddaughter. Both of them were pretty disappointed. So I made up a batch of my sugar cookies, cut them into Valentine's shapes and baked them.

I got a few containers of ready-to-spread frosting, food coloring, sprinkles and other toppings and packed them (carefully) in a festive container and delivered them to her.

My friend was elated with the surprise of the care package I had put together, and the ability of partaking in the annual cookie decorating event that they always had together! This made their day, and mine! By Shirley from Hastings, MI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments

February 11, 2010 Flag

You don't have to spend a lot of money for a nice Valentine's gift. A few years ago my husband had to travel overseas and was going to be gone over Valentine's Day. Although we don't normally do much for each other on that day, I hated that he would be alone in a hotel. I took a small photo album (the kind you get for $1 at some discount stores), and I put photos of myself, our children, and close family and friends. I wrote on a piece of paper and stuck in the first slot "Happy Valentine's Day, from those of us who love you very much!" I put it in his brief case for him to find later. He was very pleasantly surprised with his very unique gift.

By Skeesics56 from NW Ohio

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 3 Comments

February 3, 2014 Flag

I use the small water plastic bottles and fill with small candies. The candy had to fit easily in the mouth of the bottle. Then add a ribbon and/or bow to give as a small and inexpensive gift. It does put a smile on my friends face to get one often. I have never painted the outside because the different colored candies are pretty enough showing through the clear plastic.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

February 12, 2007 Flag

With Valentines Day approaching, I thought I would pass along a cute idea. A few years ago a friend came home on Valentines Day to find that her husband had apparently forgotten and had done nothing to observe the special day. It wasn't until she went to take a shower that she discovered a plastic bag full of Hershey kisses hanging from the shower head, with a note attached that said "On Valentines Day and every day, I will shower you with kisses!"

Cute, romantic -- and inexpensive!

By Becki in Indiana

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments

February 10, 2016 Flag

Show your love with this sweet and fiery bouquet. This is a guide about making a Valentine s'mores bouquet.

Valentine's S'mores Bouquet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 23, 2008 Flag

Last year for Valentine's Day, I made hubby a little Valentine-book called "LAURA'S GIFT GUIDE." I used an inexpensive plastic photo album (so I could make modifications when I wanted to or needed to) .

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 23, 2014 Flag

Flowers are beautiful and a delightful gift to receive, but you can't eat them. Try this candy bouquet instead or in addition to the traditional bouquet of flowers. This is a guide about making a Valentine's Day candy bouquet.

Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 22, 2009 Flag

This takes some pre-planning but worth yearly returns. "Sneak" and plant very early blooming spring bulbs in someone's garden or lawn, prominent where they are sure to be seen. Try (easily) to find those that should be in full bloom during the week of the holiday.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Debra Frick0 found this helpful
February 12, 2008 Flag

St. Valentine Day is the day of Love. For lovers, it is the one day that we remember how much our better half means to us. For our children, it is a day to learn to love.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 17, 2010 Flag

Show your love of friends, home and family this Valentine season by making a pretty love banner.

Love Banner

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 5, 2008 Flag

Here is a Valentines for teachers or someone special. I saw in a magazine where they did this with a paper cup but I decided I am using a mug with paint that can be used on glass.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 6, 2008 Flag

This tip is for a great, thrifty, and heart-felt Valentine's Day gift. The best part is, it's free! One year, I wrote a poem about my favorite aunt, who I'm very close to. Though my poetry is rather personal to me, I finally decided to share it with her for Valentine's Day not long ago.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 1, 2007 Flag

This is for Valentine's Day, but you could alter it to whatever day you want. I used a printing program and found a picture of the little heart candy with sayings on them. Below it I printed "How do I love thee? Let me count the ways."

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 13, 2006 Flag

This is a suggestion for a Valentine's Day gift for someone you love. Decorate a basket for Valentine's Day using lace and ribbons and your imagination, and fill the basket with fruit...

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 9, 2016 Flag

My 54 year old bf doesn't have any interest in sports and doesn't like to wear cologne, so it is so hard to buy him anything. Does anyone have an idea what I could buy this man?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes you can take him to dinner or lunch or to a movie, a gift card for haircuts, or any type of gift cards.

Maybe a DVD or a nice throw blanket; or both. Hope that helps :)

January 26, 2001 Flag

As a foreign born person living now in America, do you celebrate Valentine's Day? What do you usually give for gifts to new friends? I see lots of candy and flowers.

By Badri

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I always love handmade cards and small gifts on Valentines Day, rather than purchased cards.

hey everybody! well, i'm soon gonna be a teenager and i think that you could make a very inexpensive and delicious looking gift like this- take a few chocolate flavored lollipops, and put em together tie them with an elastic thread and wrap some flowery paper around to give a look like a bouquet! i read this in a book called DIY! its a great book!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

January 27, 2011 Flag

My husband, last year for Valentine's Day had a bowl of candy and flowers on the kitchen counter. After smelling the flowers, I notice the sparkle. After 30+ years, he still surprises me! :)

By Kathy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 6 Comments

February 22, 2006 Flag

This is the sweetest Valentine gift I have ever recieved. It was from my grandaughter Sammie Marie.

Sweet Valentine Gift

By Betty from Fond du Lac, WI

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 5 Comments
Holidays and Parties Valentine's Day GiftsFebruary 16, 2012
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Making a Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Valentine's S'mores Bouquet
Making a Valentine S'mores Bouquet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 10:27:44 AM on 10.0.1.190 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.