Party Favors Request

I would like ideas for a party favor for a sixtieth birthday.

By Mable from Lynchburg, VA

I had a Winnie the Pooh theme party for my kids when they were 5 and 6 also! It was great! First of all, for the invitations, we made them ourselves with pooh designs and asked everyone to bring along a red balloon. This was to put in the "very nice pot for putting things into". My husband is very artistic, and we bought a couple packs of cheap white t-shirts, and he drew pictures of pooh characters on the shirts, each guest was a character. We also made hats out of fairly thin white cardboard and ribbon to tie them on, and each hat had a picture of their character and the characters name. We also took pictures of each child in their "costume" whith Polaroid film. For a game, we drew a "map" of the hundred acre wood (the woods in our backyard) and everyone went on an "expotition", ending with them finding a "treasure" of candy. It was in my opinion the best party they ever had. They still have the shirts, hats, and pictures and so do some of their friends. Have fun at your party.

What about gummy bears? Sweets made with hunny 8-)? Make postcards with a Pooh-Motive (use computer or stamps or both). Make funny hats with construction paper and decorate with Pooh stickers and/or stamps. This can be a party project.

Craft stores sell little teddy bears. They are inexpensive. You can get colored paper bags. Also at a craft store. Put a couple stickers on each fill with treats. Then fold over the top,punch a couple holes thru the double thickness. Thread a ribbon (Curling ribbon is cheap) thru the holes and tie into a bow.

You can tie the "Teddy" on the outside of the bag.

For adult parties, I like "consumable" favors. Something edible, or that gets used up, leaving no "junque" to hang around the house. "Flower" arrangements of cookie pops, individually wrapped, can be placed on each table, with guests invited to take a cookie when they go. Similarly, homemade lollipops could be used. Individual bottles of wine can be labeled with the party information if the budget is large.

If it is a smaller party, you could make the gourmet style caramel/chocolate apples and wrap them in nice cellophane with pretty ribbons. Wrapped candies can be put in little toile bags from the craft store, or the tulle circles and tied with a ribbon. A favor that is not actually consumable, but is usually well-received by most is a votive candle/candle holder. There are a ton and a half of ideas to decorate them, from simply wrapping with a length of elegant ribbon, to sticker, to rub-ons, to paint, and so on. If you, or someone helping is "tech savvy", a CD of songs popular when the party honoree was younger might be fun.

My sister taught me that ones 60th birthday is really the 21st anniversary of ones 39th birthday. Make up cards saying that. Or make up a sign saying Welcome to my 21st anniversary. When they ask what it means, you can explain it. Favors could be 21 minimarshmallows in a cup, or 21 MnM's, Reese's pieces, hershey kisses,etc Give different ones out for variety.

I would highly recommend not using any of the "gummy", caramel, hard etc. type candy/cookie favors! By the 60th birthday there can be fillings, "caps", "crowns", etc. that would not not appreciate being compromised. My husband loved the "60 and Sensational" theme. It all depends on the personality of the honored guest as to what you might choose for favors. Anything from silly to serious.

Package up indiviual gifts of 60 of anything-60 pennies, nickels or dimes, sixty candies, 60 mini-cookies. You can get little cellophane bags at craft and party good stores. Tie these with a pretty ribbon and attache a note with a saying like"{60 is nifty!"

November 1, 2010 Flag

I'm having a party for my 6 year old, it will be a "Winnie the Pooh" theme party. Any suggestions for party favors?

Birthday Party
Birthday Party Favor Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Party ThemesNovember 1, 2010
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
Homemade wedding favor.
Homemade Wedding Favors
Party Favors
Shopping for Party Favors