Browsing: Saving Money On Valentine's Day

Big List of Valentine's Day Tips!

Below are tips from our archive and new tips. We are adding more every day until Valentine's day so bookmark this page. You can post your ideas below.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I used to work with Tupperware. We used some tiny containers called smidgets - but you can use anything. For your spouse's packed lunch, your kid's lunch, pack a Hershey's chocolate Kiss and a Hershey's chocolate Hug together in a small container (maybe wrap it in some red cellophane and tie with a bow.) That way, they'll always know you've sent along (and remembered them with) a kiss and a hug!

Jo

I use toilet paper tubes. Cut them in 1/2. Put a few pieces of candy inside and wrap with a page from the comics. Tie the two ends with small pieces of curling ribbon. Put a valentine label with To: and From: on it. The only real cost involved is a little candy. My sons class loved these.

Cindy

My husband and I renew our vows every year. I don't think this is an original idea we found out last year the county administration office does it every year for anyone who wants to go down there for free. So people might want to find out if their county does this also. Happy Valentines everyone.

Breanna - San Diego, CA

Each year for Valentine's Day I cover a cardboard box with white tissue paper and put Valentine Stickers all over it. I then shred some red tissue paper to go inside. I fill the box with items for my husband and take them to his office that morning before he gets there. I usually try to include a bottle of champagne, some chocolates, a card, and sometimes even a few "toys" that we can enjoy later in the evening. The others in the office are usually eager to see what he gets each year (and sometimes a little envious!). I also tie some red and white balloons to this gift box and sit it on his desk.

Colleen

My husband and I have six nieces and nephews that we send holiday cards to. Instead of buying a package of 8 cards for close to $5, this year I bought a box of Valentines, the type that the school kids give to classmates. Walgreens had an early sale, so the box was $1 for 36 cards. Since they are too small to mail, I will insert them into a bigger envelope then mail them to the kids. With the leftovers, I plan to give one to my husband at least every month throughout the next year. That was why, when I purchased the box of Valentines, I was sure to get the Tazmanian Devil, his favorite cartoon character!

L.

I think making a custom coupon book for any member of the family is a great idea. A romantic coupon book for instance, might have pages with massages, long walks, theatre tickets or a quiet dinner for two. Children's pages could have a coupon for dessert of your choice, a night out with Mom, or a favorite dinner menu. It 's nice to incorporate personal wishes and hand made gifts into holidays that can become way too commercial.

Cathy Gamlen

To make some special Valentine cards, make snowflake Valentine cards. Just as you would make paper snowflakes but in the shape of hearts. Cut out a large size heart, fold in random order, take a pair of scissor and cut little, different shaped wedges around the edges and unfold. You now have a snowflake heart!

- Amy

My friend told me that when her children were small, she would put a drop of red food coloring in the bottom of the cereal bowl, underneath the cereal. When the kids added milk, it turned pink, and she would wish them a Happy Valentine's Day!

- Ness

When dieting, take your heart shaped Valentine pans, make diet jello, and decorate with cool whip, A good alternative for a Valentine cake.

- Lizzie

Send an eCard to someone at Care2.com

Frugal Valentine's Day Gifts, Saving Money on Valentine's Day
Saving Money On Valentine's Day
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Green Valentine's Day Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:51:11 AM on 10.0.1.249 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.