Gift for Step Dad

I want to get my step dad a really good present. I don't know him really well yet. He hunts and also does a lot of landscaping. He works very hard and is usually very busy. When I ask him what he would like, he says "Oh maybe some tools.", but tools don't seem sentimental enough. Does anybody have any ideas?

By Grace

Buy a cheap grapevine wreath and decorate it with various types of small tools. If he is a gardner you could use add seed packs, gloves, hand spade, etc. You could also attach a masculine type of bow to it and attach a card saying, "This gift was created by (your name) for a very special step Dad.

Use your imagination. The bonus is he will probably remove the gifts and give the wreath back for refills next year!

Dunkirk, MD

Sentimental or not, tools are probably the best gift you could give him. Guys just like tools!! Why not get a container, like a tool box or or 5 gallon bucket and fill it with a variety of things from all the categories you mentioned, landsape stuff, hunting stuff, household stuff.. the list is endless! Even if you don't it makes a good gift, I'm sure he will. Good luck, B. Brudon

If you are crafty you could make a wooden plaque like I did for my hunting/fishing husband.

Either buy a finished piece of wood or, if you like woodworking, you could saw, sand, and router a piece of scrap wood. The finished product can be whatever size you like--including a rectangle shape, half-moon, whatever!

For the sign I made my husband, it said _____'s Hall of Game. I'm not very artistic, but I was able to simulate a 1-dimensional fish with acrylic paints. Just for fun, I penciled in a comment from the fish, saying "Help me!"

For another such sign, I used tree, cabin, and other outdoorsy rub-offs. I bought wooden letters and painted them. The finished product was painted in the earthy tones of tan, hunter green and brown and said "Larry's Archery Shop."

Don't forget to nail in a hanger on the back.

Gifts like this are nice because you took the time to take his hobbies into consideration. I worry about getting the "wrong" tools or equipment.

why dont you try sometjing to do with hunting or with landscaping like pens, pencils, paper any thing like that

i'm looking for something for my step dad too--- i was thinking like a gift cert to a golfing range or something so he can get out of the house and away from me and my mother... also, if he likes hunting, like my dad, i got him the bright orange hat and gloves and socks to keep him warm... just a thought but i know gifts are hard cause u dont want to be toooo practical--- maybe find out what his favorite movie is and buy that for him...?

daughter and step dad
Gift Ideas for a Step Dad
Holidays and Parties Gifts MenFebruary 22, 2001
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
A mug made for dad on Father's Day.
Father's Day Crafts for Kids
Get Organized
Step by Step Guide To Get Organized
Super Dad Doll
Making a Super Dad Doll