Cleaning Animal Urine

Use vinegar and water to clean animal urine accidents from carpet. It will smell of vinegar only temporarily, but neutralize the pH level and discourage animals from having an accident there again.

Heather

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

The thicker your cushions are, the longer it will take them to dry. Are you able to let them sit outdoors? What I do is set them out on a chaise lounge and let them dry by solar power; keep an eye on it turning the cushion every 20-30 min; if i'm concerned the sun will bleach out its color, then I place a light cloth atop the cushion/pillow to shield it. The sun will also sanitize it.

If you can't dry them outdoors, use a clothes dryer on it's lowest setting for longer than you'd normally dry things; only time and experience will teach you how long to keep them in there. Start w/ 10 min. then check on it in intervals until its dry.

Years ago, my ferrel cat peed on the sofa (he must have thought he was hiding it, ha ha). Onto the sofa mattress was poured a whole bottle of pet odor erasure b/c it was a big 'n deep deposit. Without solar power it took weeks for it to dry... in the mean time we sat on other things. THEN, a plastic mattress-like cover was placed over the couch then a washable cover was placed atop this so any future 'spills' would create less damage :o)

X-O ODOR NEUTRALIZER

CALIFORNIA VETERINARY SUPPLY

www.calvetsupply.com

1800-366-3047

I have cats but I'm down to only 2, I found X-0 about 25 years ago it works, it is a bit pricey but it will last a long time, the directions on the bottle says to mix it 50/50 with water but I put 1 oz per cup of water and This works just fine.

I had a friend borrowed my spray bottle because someone threw a dead cat in the church dumpster in the summer, she sprayed the dumpster, it totally eliminated the odor, the dumpster wasn't picked up for 4 days after she did not have to spray again. Both my mail and female have a tendency to spray, if I catch them at it I can spray immediately

(Because I know where they sprayed) there is no odor.

Since Im not always sure where they sprayed I mist everything from my knees down every now and then and I have no smell, I even spray outside.

My daughters cat urinated on her marble fireplace slab. She poured hydrogen peroxide on the damaged areas.Let liguid seep into marble until areas are like it was never damaged. It worked for us, Give it a try. Good Luck.

Use caution and make sure you try a test area first. We ruined light gray carpet by using too much vinegar to water - ended up with a big pink spot in the middle of the floor. Other areas we'd done with less vinegar in the water were fine.

Get a good Rug Doctor for carpets to lift dog or cat urine out. Urinating on clothing, rugs, blankets: rinse the urine off, then wash on hot cycle and use a little fabuloso or other. Smell the piece or pieces after washing and drying. If you can still smell the urine, wash it again till gone.

Cat spraying. This means you have too many cats & they're marking. It is hard to stop this. Cover everything with plastic. Remember some cats are attracted to urinating on plastic bags and other types.

Males hiking leg in house. Catch them in the act and get them outside. Cover where he's urinating with plastic to protect fabrics.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsFebruary 28, 2001
Animal Print Heels
Wearing Animal Prints
Cat in Animal Shelter
Things to Donate to Animal Shelters
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Cleaning Urine Off Grout
Tin Can Frog
Tin Can Animal Crafts
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 25, 2016 at 8:03:19 AM on 10.0.0.56 in 466 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.