Tips For Successful Baking
Baking is an exact science, and it is important to be well prepared. Here's how:
- Read recipe several times.
- Gather ingredients.
- Gather necessary equipment, including cooling racks.
- Ready ingredients, such as toasting nuts or zesting a lemon.
- Prepare pan, such as greasing and flouring.
- Reread recipe.
- Preheat oven.
- Measure ingredients.
- Mix ingredients according to recipe specifications.
- Place baked good in oven.
- Clean kitchen and put away ingredients.
- Being prepared negates those last minutes trips to the grocery store.
- Clean as you go and then it's not such a formidable task at the end.
- Baking is so much more enjoyable when you're prepared
Source: My Mom
By JodiT from Aurora, CO
January 5, 20110 found this helpful
I'm 70 years old and have been baking since I was about 8 years old and have never followed all of those steps. My Mother or I never used cooling racks, when you are low income they are an added expense. I have never read a recipe other than when I first found it to determine if I wanted to save it or not, and then when I was doing the actual baking. When I first started baking, it was mixing up the ingredients as my mother told me the measurements of each ingredient as it was time to add it. This was done while she was doing something else. The hard part was when it came to a "pinch of that" or a "dash of this." When my Mother baked she never had the recipe in front of her, they were in her head and she was known for her baking and cooking.
January 6, 20110 found this helpful
This is exactly how my Momma taught me to bake and I'm fifty-six years old. Every time I bake or cook I think of my Momma and give thanks for what she taught me, it just makes my life so much easier.
Thank you for the reminder :). Marie
January 7, 20110 found this helpful
If pressed for time I have even measured everything possible the night before, then mixed it up in the morning & baked it while doing something else.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 9:29:49 AM on 10.0.0.13 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us