Saved Money When I Got Rid of My Freezer

Though I loved my freezer when we first got it, over the years it wasn't freezing as well. Eventually I had to throw out food. We have only had the top of our fridge freezer for 9 months now. We live in Edmonton, Alberta, one of the cheapest places for food. There are constant sales on. Now, our food is fresher and we have been saving $15 - $20 on our power bill a month. I am actually enjoying seeing food rotate out of my freezer within a month.

By Kathy

I have thought that we really don't need a deep freeze. We are a family of 4 and stores are well within easy reach in our community. We tend to forget about stuff in the deep freeze and it's frozen too long. We have a side x side in the kitchen and it really has ample freezer space. I am thinking we should use up what's in the deep freeze and shut down for a while and see if we really need it. We had a tendancy to buy too many of those prepared frozen meals like you find at Sam's Club. I just don't want to do that anymore. I grew up in a family of 5 and we never had anything more than a frig/freezer and did just fine. Grocery shopping was more often but stuff got used up!

Food and Recipes FreezingJune 8, 2001
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Chest Freezer
Chest Freezer Reviews
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
Freezing Candy
Freezing Candy
🎉
🎄