Cookies - Small Batches

I love to make cookies, but with just my husband and 1 toddler at home, we can never eat a whole batch of cookies up before they are going stale. So what I do is make a whole batch of cookie dough, bake just one or two sheets of cookies, then freeze the rest of the dough in cookie sheet size portions.

The dough freezes well in old cottage cheese/sour cream containers, and a piece of masking tape on top tells you what kind of dough is inside. I always have cookie dough on hand for emergencies, and we enjoy fresh, hot chocolate chip cookies about 3 times as often. Another idea is to cook up the whole batch and then freeze whatever cookies aren't eaten right away. Then the cookies can be taken out of the freezer when you need them (to put in lunches or whatever).

If you stick the stale cookies in the microwave just long enough to warm them up, just like fresh baked again. ;-) I also put store bought cookies on a paper towel fold the top over and sprinkle a dab of water on top, Microwave for a few seconds and they will be soft as homemade, just eat them fast before they harden up again.GG Vi

Freezing Cookie Dough
Freezing Cookie Dough
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsAugust 8, 2001
Large cookies in a cookie jar.
Baking Large Cookies
Flat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies Come Out Flat
A pan of oatmeal cookies.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh
Keeping Homemade Cookies Fresh