Looking for Tiered Circle Boxes

I am looking for a company that would sell boxes at a thrifty price. I am planning on making 3 tier snowmen as gifts for co-workers and friends. Does anyone know of a company that sells tiered circle boxes for a cheap rate? Thank you for any info that you might have.

By Laura

Answers

I don't know where to buy them at a bargain price, but I know how to make them. They are called band-boxes, and you can make them from any medium-weight card stock, such as oaktage or shirt board, or cereal boxes. For some uses, you might want to use archival materials, sold whereever you buy scrapbook supplies. You can also make these boxes in just about any shape, from the obvious ovals, squares, and rectangles, to hearts, stars, diamonds, ducks, and rabbits. Choose a simple shape such as you would for a cookie-cutter. Be sure that you make the lid a bit larger in diameter than the base;with a curved shape, this is done the same way you would add a seam allowance for sewing. You can also cover these boxes with fabric, before or after assembling. I used to make squares in graduated sizes, and I made a heart-shaped one covered in a claret-colored print cloth, that was included in a kit. If you need detailed instructions, I know one source would be Better Homes and Gardens Crafts; they made the kit, and they published the book where I saw the bunnies and duckies.

Rose B, mother of three, in NC

Holidays and Parties Gifts ChristmasOctober 6, 2001
vintage plates glued together to make a tiered serving dish
Making a Two Tier Serving Dish
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
Cigars in a Box
Uses for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄