Browsing: Using Leftovers

Clean the Refrigerator Soup

I take all of my leftovers for the week and make what I call, "Clean the Refrigerator Soup". I always make my own vegetable and chicken broths, so I have lots of stock on hand. I used to work with a woman I called the "Bird", who specialized in making something out of nothing. The residents where we worked looked forward to "Bird's" soup each and every Friday. We never knew how it would be, but the refrigerator got clean on Friday of all its leftovers!

Because of this, I learned to take leftovers of any kind and turn them into a wonderful, filling, and delicious soup. Taste as you go. I use ham and bacon with beef and chicken. Leftover Hamburger Helper or any pasta/beef dish makes a wonderful taco soup with just a few spices and water added. Did you know that leftover corned beef juice makes the best potato soup? You don't even need to add meat, because the flavor is already there.

By Helpful Reader

Take Out Containers in Refrigerator
Using Leftovers
Food and Recipes Food Tips LeftoversFebruary 13, 2002
Refrigerator With Leftovers in Tupperware
Organizing Leftovers
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumplings Recipes
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 11, 2016 at 12:29:04 PM on 10.0.2.130 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.