A Bright Idea for an Angel

Moira Petz

Do you Just throw your lightbulbs out when they burn out? Here is a cute craft idea to use your burnt out bulbs. Make it into an angel.

Dip the lightbulb in white paint. Allow to dry. Wrap white cotton material around the bulb (make sure that the larger part of the bulb is at the top, this will act as the head) for the gown and decorate as desired with glitter, beads and paint. Allow to dry.

For the wings choose one of the following methods:

-You could cut the shape fo the wings out of old screen from a storm door or a window screen. Put glue on and use gold or silver sparkles for effect.

-Take a pipecleaner and bend into desired shape use a nylon stocking to cover the pipecleaner fold the ends of the nylon to the inside and glue into place. Decorate if desired.

-Get feathers and glue into the shape of wings. Allow to dry then attach to the lightbulb.

Bend a pipecleaner into the shape of a halo and glue to the back of the head. At the same time as gluing the halo, glue some fishing line to hang it up. Allow to dry. Paint the face on and hang it as a decoration or give as a gift. When painting the face hanging it up makes it a little easier to do.

Use your imagination to come up with different variations to this idea. Try to make up animals, people or even create you own critter.

Have fun with it.

Hello, I use my burned out light bulbs as christmas ornaments...I paint them with different scenes on them such as candy canes and poka dots...then wrap the silver part in pretty cording and hang them on the tree.. I also use the small burned out bulbs as well...they make really cute ornaments...you can get a glass primer in your craft section at your favorite craft store or at Wal Mart...after primed and painted then seal...and they last forever..I have some I have made and kept for years...Have fun..and Happy recycling

Angel made from a recycled green pop bottle.
Making a Pop Bottle Angel
Datura Angel Trumpet
Growing Angel Trumpet
Crocheted Heart Angel
Crocheted Heart Angel
Making an Angel Costume
Making an Angel Costume
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on October 27, 2016 at 5:05:58 AM on in 812 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.