Clogged Washer

My washer is clogged and I don't know how to get it unclogged. If someone could tell me how to get it unclogged so that I do not have to get a handy man to come and do it, that would be great.

Amanda from Jeff City, MO

October 26, 2006 Flag

Seeing more and more lint on the clothes, I realized that my washer was not draining well..sure enough half of the holes of the tub are clogged [before I used well water]. What can I use to soften and dislodge the clog? I already used a lot of white vinegar with little success. Thank you for your help.

Clogged washer's tub

Hi Jenny,

I'd use some limeaway and after that sits a while use an opened paperclip, embroidery hook or something like that to pull the lint back inside the tub. The lint isn't going to go anywhere except down inside the pipes and plumbing so it's best to take it out manually and throw it away. Hope this helps. (04/10/2002)

By Marianne

Clogged washer's tub

I went to Kmart & bought these "lint traps" that fit right on the end of the hose - they look like little nets & catch all the lint before it goes down the drain & and they are only a couple of dollars. you have to remember to change them every couple of months. (04/10/2002)

By Grammijoan

man with head inside front load washer
Clearing a Clogged Washer Drain
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersOctober 26, 2006
toilet plunger
Fixing a Clogged Toilet
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
Windshield wiper tip on windshield
Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
Hair Clogging Drain
Preventing Clogged Drains