Store Canned Goods in an Old Refrigerator

I like to can fruits and vegetables, but my basement is heated and a cool dry place is needed to store home canned products. So I bought a used refrigerator and put in my basement just for canned goods. It keeps them cool and dry.

By Connie

Do you realize that lots of people store homemade canned goods at room temperature? Once they are sealed, they will last for a long long time....without refridgeration. Some of my friends have all their canned goods in their kitchen in the cupboards. An old refridgerator will run you about $15 per month to operate, plus you need the room in your basement to put it. Put the 15 (per month) x 12 (months) =$180 (per year) towards groceries instead. If your basement is damp, consider a shelving unit in the kitchen or spare bedroom on the main level. Put a blanket or cute sheet over to hide the jars from everyone's view and to keep the color of the fruit or vegetables you canned true. They will "keep" until the next canning season.

Organizing Canned Goods
Organizing Canned Goods
Food and Recipes StorageMay 17, 2002
Woman Burning Calories
Tips for Burning Extra Calories
straining can 2
Straining Canned Goods
Woman Avoiding Fast Food
Avoiding Fast Food
Slim Fast Bottle
Homemade Slim Fast Recipes
🎉
🎄