Garden Decor Ideas
A list of inexpensive and easy garden decorations.
- Johnny Jump Ups planted in small galvanized buckets looks so charming!
- Plant half whiskey barrels tightly with strawberry plants.
- Scarecrows are not only useful, they're decorative.
- Check your nearest dollar store for really cute and cheap garden decorations! They also have seeds sometimes 10 packets for $1.00.
- Make a rustic trellis by nailing or screwing branches together in desired shape.
- Tip a flowerpot (any size) over and have soil spill out of it. Plant flowers in the soil for a charming spilled pot look.
- Old bowling balls can either be spray painted desired color or left as-is and used as a "garden sphere" that is so popular in gardens If you don't have a bowling ball, check the thrift stores or yard sales to get one cheap.
- To spruce up a plain garage or house wall in the garden, nail strips of wood onto the wall in a paned-window shape. Paint desired color, add window-box full of planted flowers, grow a flowering vine over it, or even hang silk flowers over it.
By Monica Resinger
(Monica is the Editor of http://homemakersjournal.com/index.htm)
March 15, 20070 found this helpful
I HANG UNIQUE ITEMS IN THE TREES OFF MY DECK; I PUT A HIBACHI GRILL GRATE HANGING IN THE TREE; IT SPINS; I PAINTED OLD CD DISKS AND DRILLED A HOLE AND HUNG THEM IN THE TREE; I LEFT THE SHINY SIDE UNPAINTED SO IT SHIMMERS IN THE SUNLIGHT.
WE ARE REDOING A FLOWER BED WITH CONTAINERS, I WILL USE AN OLD CONSTRUCTION WHEELBARROW AND FILL IT WITH FLOWERS; MY HUSBAND IS MAKING A LARGE TROUGH TO HOLD FLOWERS, I HAVE SOME OLD PIECES OF FARM EQUIPMENT WHICH WILL EMBELLISH THE TROUGH, I USE OLD CONTAINERS SUCH AS OLD TEAPOTS, BUCKETS AND I HAVE AN OLD ENAMELED STOCKPOT THAT I USE AS A PLANTER.
I ALSO USE BROKEN POTS THAT I SET ON THEIR SIDES AND ALSO SET POTS ON THEIR SIDE WITH SOIL AND FLOWERS FLOWING OUT OF THEM.
I JUST GO THROUGH MY KITCHEN AND OTHER AREAS OF THE HOUSE; USE WHATEVER I CAN TO MAKE A UNIQUE GARDEN ART PIECE.
March 16, 20070 found this helpful
I love to recycle all sorts of objects in the garden anything from boots to old rusted combustion stoves -they make the best plant stands!
I'm currently trying to repair a old wood stove thats been converted to a gas bbq!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 3:56:18 PM on 10.0.0.218 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us