Garden Decor Ideas

Monica Resinger

A list of inexpensive and easy garden decorations.

• Johnny Jump Ups planted in small galvanized buckets looks so charming!

• Plant half whiskey barrels tightly with strawberry plants.

• Scarecrows are not only useful, they're decorative.

• Check your nearest dollar store for really cute and cheap garden decorations! They also have seeds sometimes 10 packets for $1.00.

• Make a rustic trellis by nailing or screwing branches together in desired shape.

• Tip a flowerpot (any size) over and have soil spill out of it. Plant flowers in the soil for a charming spilled pot look.

• Old bowling balls can either be spray painted desired color or left as-is and used as a "garden sphere" that is so popular in gardens If you don't have a bowling ball, check the thrift stores or yard sales to get one cheap.

• To spruce up a plain garage or house wall in the garden, nail strips of wood onto the wall in a paned-window shape. Paint desired color, add window-box full of planted flowers, grow a flowering vine over it, or even hang silk flowers over it.

By Monica Resinger
(Monica is the Editor of http://homemakersjournal.com/index.htm)

I HANG UNIQUE ITEMS IN THE TREES OFF MY DECK; I PUT A HIBACHI GRILL GRATE HANGING IN THE TREE; IT SPINS; I PAINTED OLD CD DISKS AND DRILLED A HOLE AND HUNG THEM IN THE TREE; I LEFT THE SHINY SIDE UNPAINTED SO IT SHIMMERS IN THE SUNLIGHT.

WE ARE REDOING A FLOWER BED WITH CONTAINERS, I WILL USE AN OLD CONSTRUCTION WHEELBARROW AND FILL IT WITH FLOWERS; MY HUSBAND IS MAKING A LARGE TROUGH TO HOLD FLOWERS, I HAVE SOME OLD PIECES OF FARM EQUIPMENT WHICH WILL EMBELLISH THE TROUGH, I USE OLD CONTAINERS SUCH AS OLD TEAPOTS, BUCKETS AND I HAVE AN OLD ENAMELED STOCKPOT THAT I USE AS A PLANTER.

I ALSO USE BROKEN POTS THAT I SET ON THEIR SIDES AND ALSO SET POTS ON THEIR SIDE WITH SOIL AND FLOWERS FLOWING OUT OF THEM.

I JUST GO THROUGH MY KITCHEN AND OTHER AREAS OF THE HOUSE; USE WHATEVER I CAN TO MAKE A UNIQUE GARDEN ART PIECE.

I love to recycle all sorts of objects in the garden anything from boots to old rusted combustion stoves -they make the best plant stands!

I'm currently trying to repair a old wood stove thats been converted to a gas bbq!

Home and Garden Gardening DecorationMarch 15, 2007
Garden Flag
Making Garden Flags
Rustic Kitchen Decor
Kitchen Decor Craft Ideas
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
A wheelbarrow planter.
Unusual Garden Decorations
🎉
🎄